Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese
Frittata egg breakfasts are often a meal to share, however this two-egg, single-serving recipe full of recent asparagus, mushrooms, inexperienced onion and a sprinkling of goat cheese is the proper approach to get pleasure from a fast and wholesome breakfast thought for one.
After I used to listen to of individuals making frittatas, it sounded so glamorous, so unique. It was a recipe you’d save to serve for firm at a languid weekend brunch with mimosas and sunshine. Positive, frittatas might be precisely that. However they can be one of many quickest, best breakfasts for one you’ll make all week, and that’s why a model of this ingredient combo hits my breakfast desk a minimum of a couple of times every week.
After I began making frittatas for breakfast it was totally accidentally and purely as a result of as a distracted multi-tasker who put my commonplace scrambled egg combo of asparagus, mushroom and inexperienced onion to prepare dinner on the range, then began doing the dishes, and promptly forgot all about my eggs.
And so once I rotated I used to be fortunately stunned to see there was a sight to behold, a puffy mass of softly souffleéd egg cooking gently away in my pan.
This egg scrambling “mistake” wasn’t the primary time I’d made a frittata (this one is SO GOOD!) however it’s the one which made me understand this frittata-making state of affairs simply may be the best, hands-off approach to make a recent and quick, wholesome grab-and-go breakfast each day of the week.
Learn how to Make a Frittata for One
Whereas each are cooked in a pan on the range, the distinction between omelettes and frittatas are how the substances for the fillings are added to the eggs. Omelette fillings are added to a folded sheath of eggs whereas frittata fillings are stirred into the eggs to prepare dinner collectively. Frittatas are additionally completed off cooking within the pan so the eggs rise and soufflé. For this frittata for one, I exploit my Eight-inch, non-stick skillet and end the cooking in my trusty toaster oven.
To maintain my eggs from sticking to my pan, I exploit non-stick spray or a small dollop of butter. The butter permits the eggs to separate extra from the sting of the pan, however in the event you’re being aware of additional fats, the non-stick spray is your subsequent most suitable choice.
Whisking the eggs properly provides air that may give them loft whereas cooking. I add 1 teaspoon of water whereas whisking the eggs which appears to assist obtain that loft much more, together with a pinch of kosher salt for seasoning. My husband prefers a teaspoon or so of milk or cream to his eggs. He’s at all times going for the added fats for taste.
Prepare dinner the eggs on a medium low setting and permit the perimeters to start to completely set with the eggs frivolously effervescent earlier than lifting the sting to tip the uncooked egg beneath the cooked edges. You don’t need to create scrambled eggs right here, and ending the entire thing off within the oven will set the center of the eggs much more.
Extra On-the-Go Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
Should you make this recipe, please let me know! Bookmark this recipe and go away a remark beneath, or take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata with Goat Cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water or milk
- pinch of kosher salt
- Cooking spray or 1 tablespoon butter
- 2-Three brown mushrooms, sliced
- Four-5 asparagus spears, trimmed and lower into ½ inch items
- 1 tablespoon chopped inexperienced onion
- 2 tablespoons goat cheese
- Preheat the oven or toaster oven to broil.
- Spray a 7 to Eight-inch non-stick fry pan with cooking spray and heat on medium warmth. Add the sliced mushrooms and prepare dinner for 2-Three minutes, turning a couple of times. Add the asparagus and prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes extra.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl with 1 teaspoon water and a pinch of kosher salt till gentle and frothy, then pour into the mushroom and spinach combination. Sprinkle with the inexperienced onion and the goat cheese. Prepare dinner the eggs undisturbed till the perimeters start to drag away from the sting of the pan and start to set. Gently elevate the perimeters of the egg whites and tilt the pan so the raw egg runs beneath the cooked half and prepare dinner for an additional minute or so.
- Switch the fry pan to the oven and broil for 2-Three minutes or till the eggs have puffed and have cooked by. Take away from the oven and sprinkle with extra goat cheese if desired. Reduce into wedges and serve heat or at room temperature
P.S. Do you’ve a favourite on the go breakfast recipe you’d prefer to share? E mail me at [email protected] with the recipe and it would find yourself right here on the weblog!
As at all times, thanks for studying and supporting firms I associate with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. All opinions are at all times my very own.
Thanks for studying and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have every put up delivered straight to your e-mail field.
Study extra about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner right here, and join free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Observe me on Instagram, Fb, Pinterest and Twitter for extra FoodieCrush inspiration.
Subscribe and have each FoodieCrush put up delivered straight to your e-mail inbox
(Visited 1 occasions, 1 visits at this time)
- Previous The Ultimate Cheeseburger: the Juicy Lucy Burger
- Next Chickpea Pan Bagnat Sandwiches Recipe