Baked Eggs with Spinach and Shallots
I actually love breakfast and among the best issues about dwelling in Seattle is all the superior brunch spots across the metropolis. Nevertheless, most brunch dishes include dairy, which my physique doesn’t tolerate significantly nicely. Because of this, I often find yourself getting fundamental egg dishes or objects the place the cheese and cream may be omitted.
However typically, I actually want I may order these fancy-looking objects off the menu. So, this previous weekend I made a decision to recreate a baked egg dish I had just lately seen on a menu and switch it into this dairy-free model of baked eggs with spinach and shallots. Though I can’t totally say the way it compares to the cheese-laden authentic, I believe it’s fairly dang good.
One in all my favourite swaps for dairy milk is to make home made cashew milk. By altering the ratio of cashews to water, you possibly can create a thicker and richer milk to make use of rather than heavy cream in recipes, or a thinner cashew milk to make use of rather than common dairy milk.
This dish combines a wealthy cashew milk with baked eggs with spinach and shallots, together with a contact of garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper for a scrumptious, hearty breakfast that may begin your day on the best foot!
- This dish is a superb option to get extra greens into your weight loss plan! You can too use arugula or child kale rather than the spinach if desired.
- Making your personal cashew or nut milk is straightforward and I favor home made to store-bought nut milks (since some manufacturers include questionable substances like carrageenan), nevertheless, you can too substitute 1/four cup of premade nut milk rather than mixing the cashews and water.
- I wrote the recipe to yield two servings. Relying in your urge for food, you possibly can add three – four eggs, and you may even divide this out into separate baking dishes or ramekins if desired.
- 2 tablespoons uncooked cashews
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- eight cups child spinach
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- three – four eggs
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Sea salt and freshly-ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 levels F.
- Add cashews and water collectively and put aside to soak.
- Add the coconut oil to a medium pan over medium warmth. Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for 1 – 2 minutes. Add the spinach and salt and cook dinner for two – three minutes, till the spinach has wilted.
- In the meantime, mix the cashews and water till liquified.
- Add the spinach combination to an ovenproof dish and pour within the cashew milk. Make three (or four) indentations within the spinach and thoroughly crack within the eggs. Prime with the dried thyme and bake for 10 – 15 minutes, or till whites are simply set however the yolks are nonetheless runny.
- Serve instantly, topped with extra salt and pepper to style, if desired.
The submit Baked Eggs with Spinach and Shallots appeared first on In Sonnet's Kitchen.