Black Olive Red Lentil Pasta
Submit sponsored by Barilla. See beneath for extra particulars.
On the subject of vegetarian pasta dishes, it might really feel a bit tougher to get protein into the meals. I usually go for making a aspect salad loaded with chickpeas and infrequently I’ll make a model of lentil Bolognese. Nonetheless, generally I simply desire a easy, 20-minute dinner that doesn’t take any fuss. Enter this black olive lentil pasta utilizing at Barilla Crimson Lentil Penne.
I like shallots, however I do know they could be a little bit of a ache on the subject of mincing. Swap out shallots for minced garlic or minced onion. If you wish to make this throughout the spring, that is additionally an opportune time to make use of inexperienced garlic.
I usually attain for kalamata, primarily as a result of we choose up olives from the olive bar fairly continuously. Nonetheless, utilizing black or inexperienced olives would work as properly. We preserve a pair cans available for fast meals, and this is able to undoubtedly be a kind of fast meals!
Barilla Crimson Lentil Penne
So far, I’ve showcased the chickpea pasta from Barilla, however I’m additionally excited to share their crimson lentil model. This lovely pasta is made out of simply crimson lentils and one serving has 13g of protein. When cooking vegetarian, it may be a puzzle to get sufficient protein into your day and I like once I can use elements like lentils in surprising methods. You could find all varieties on Amazon.
Make it Vegan
The most effective issues about this pasta: it’s simple to make vegan. Whereas I like the parmesan on this recipe, you might simply go away it off. Or, attempt your hand at some vegan parmesan. I like utilizing this combine that has hemp and dietary yeast- it’s such an important nutty taste.
four ounces Barilla Crimson Lentil Penne
¼ cup olive oil
⅓ cup minced shallots
¼ teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup sliced kalamata olives
2 tablespoons minced rosemary
½ cup grated vegetarian parmesan, for serving
- Prepare dinner pasta based on the instruction on the bundle, ensuring to not overcook the pasta. Drain, reserving a ½ cup or so of pasta water, and make the olive oil combination.
- Warmth a medium pan over medium warmth. Add the olive oil, adopted by the shallots and a pinch of salt. Prepare dinner till the shallots are tender, 6 to eight minutes. Stir within the olives and cook dinner for one more couple of minutes till the olives are heat.
- Lastly, stir within the rosemary and cooked pasta. Prepare dinner for only a minute, to carry all the pieces collectively. Flip off the warmth and add the parmesan. Stir, style, and alter the degrees of salt/parmesan as desired. If it’s trying just like the olive oil hasn’t coated the pasta, add a splash or two of the reserved pasta water.
Key phrases: crimson lentil pasta
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Barilla. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me preserve this website operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.
- Previous Chicken Burrito – The Best Blog Recipes
- Next Small Batch Sundays: French Yogurt Lemon Loaf Cake