Blue Cheese Peach Pizza with Honey
This recipe is in partnership with Nugget Markets. See beneath for extra particulars.
There are mixtures that may really feel a bit over-done however I’ll at all times (and gladly) eat. A type of mixtures: blue cheese and peaches. Recent, candy peaches paired with the earthy taste of blue cheese is every part I may need in a single chunk. Add it to pizza and drizzle it with honey; I’ll in all probability eat the entire thing.
For this peach pizza, I used to be fortunate sufficient to supply some wonderful native honey, c/o Nugget Markets. Nugget’s Recent to Market model sources from many native firms and their honey comes from Pure Honey based mostly in Winters, CA. I took a drive out to go to and left with much more of an appreciation for the honey (and the bees).
The honey Nugget sources is uncooked honey which suggests all the good things is left within the honey. One be aware, which got here straight from Doneice of Pure honey: Crystallization is a pure a part of uncooked honey and the best method to get the honey mushy: set it outdoors on a heat day.
Grilled Cheese: I’m so in love with the peach/blue cheese/honey taste that generally after I make myself lunch, I’ll add this mix to a grilled cheese sandwich. It’s such an ideal barely candy/barely savory lunch.
Pears: This time of yr is nice for stone fruit but it surely’s additionally pear season! Swap the slices of peaches for pears.
Cheese: I do know blue cheese isn’t for everybody. Strive goat cheese or you can do mozzarella solely on this peach pizza.
three tablespoons olive oil
1 clove garlic, sliced in half lengthwise
1 store-bought or home made pizza dough
1 massive, just-ripe peach
6 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 to 2 ounces blue cheese
1 to 2 tablespoons honey, for serving
2 to three tablespoons julienned basil, for serving
Chili Flakes or Pickled Jalapenos
- Warmth your oven to 475˚F with a pizza stone. Warmth olive oil in a small skillet. Add the garlic and fry till the garlic is golden. Take away from warmth and let relaxation till prepared to make use of. Earlier than utilizing, take away garlic.
- Put together the pizza topping. Thinly slice the peaches and grate the mozzarella cheese.
- On non-stick floor (like a pizza peel sprinkled with cornmeal), stretch and roll the dough right into a circle roughly 12 to 14” in measurement. Unfold the garlic-infused olive oil over the pizza dough then layer with the thinly sliced peaches, grated mozzarella cheese, and crumbled blue cheese.
- Switch the pizza to a pizza stone and bake till the cheese has melted and the crust is golden.
- Take away the pizza from the oven and drizzle with honey and sprinkle with julienned basil.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Nugget Markets. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this website operating to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.
- Previous Roasted Cherry Tomato & Thyme Couscous Salad Recipe
- Next Spicy Tomato Watermelon Salad Recipe