Blueberry Chia Bowl with Warm Banana and Sesame Brittle
Earlier than we dig into this showpiece of a candy bowl, I wished to share just a little characteristic that I began on my instagram this month. I merely name it March Favorites. It’s a curated record of seasonal favorites that I’ll share every month. Issues that I put on or use and elements that we cook dinner with. And because it’s a brand new factor, I included it right here as properly. As a form of inspiration.
M A R C H F A V O R I T E S
• Golden milk & uncooked honey. To heat me up on this chilly climate. Here’s a recipe.
• Ginger root. We grate ginger over all the things in the meanwhile to maintain our immune system robust and since virtually all meals and drinks simply style higher with numerous ginger.
• Beet & crimson cabbage kraut. This little bubbly buddy is quickly prepared! Fermented meals is your superfood primary! The recipe is from our e-book Inexperienced Kitchen at Dwelling however one other one is right here.
• Socks. Stockholm has been too chilly this month so I’m strolling round in these tremendous gentle Alpaca wool socks that David’s buddy in London makes.
• Kale flower sprouts. A fairly wanting mashup of two of my favourite elements – kale och brussels sprouts. These are nice to roast as they get tremendous crispy.
• Dried apple rings. We now have been making our personal apple rings currently and the youngsters love them for snacking. We’ll share a recipe later. different to deep-fried chips and sweet .
• Rings. I’ve all the time cherished carrying rings. A few of my favorites come from designer Caroline Hjerpe who has her store dangerously near our residence on Södermalm.
• Been treating my dry pores and skin with this face oil and toner from Naked Origin Pores and skin.
• Extra moist for my face with this fermented coconut juice face sheet masks with collagen from Miqura.
• David made these uncooked carrot cake bars for our street journey to Denmark final week. So good with numerous ginger and spices.
• As a unique type of meditation I’ve began drawing in a coloring e-book within the evenings. It helps me stress down after the depth from three little ones and it’s extra calming and satisfying than scrolling on social media. I like these illustrated coloring books for adults from Johanna Basford.
Okay, let’s get on with this chia bowl. First, begin by urgent play on this brief little recipe video beneath.
It’s nonetheless very chilly right here in Scandinavia which signifies that we’re counting on our freezer for a lot of the produce, fruit and berries we use. Fortunately we’ve got stocked up on numerous wild Swedish blueberries. They’ve this intense blue/purple color and recent tangy taste and we use them to taste smoothies, porridges and chia pudding. We pair blueberries with cardamom as a result of they’re Greatest Associates Eternally. And we prime this blueberry chia with one thing David as soon as referred to as a “Banana & Sesame Thingy” on his instagram, however “Sesame Brittle” seems like a extra suiting title. It’s crunchy and candy (with a sting of ginger) and works so properly with quick-heated bananas. There may be additionally some creamy yogurt, wealthy nut butter and a sprinkling of darkish chocolate on prime of the bowl. We make this each as breakfast and dessert. Skipping the chocolate for breakfast and protecting it just a little sweeter for dessert. We’ve served it in a big bowl to share right here however you’ll be able to after all additionally scoop it up in two smaller particular person bowls as an alternative.
Blueberry Chia Bowl with Heat Banana and Sesame Brittle
Notes: If you wish to make this as a breakfast, you’ll be able to stir in some oats and a few further liquid and depart it within the fridge in a single day (add the topping within the morning).
For the reason that topping is kind of candy, we don’t sweeten our chia pudding. You’ll be able to use rice milk or add a splash of maple syrup should you want it sweeter.
Blueberry Chia Pudding
70 g / half of cup frozen wild blueberries, thawed (or different berries)
1 cup plant milk (or common milk)
three tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp freshly floor cardamom
A tiny pinch salt
1 banana, peeled and sliced lengthwise
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp freshly grated ginger
2 tbsp sunflower seeds
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1 small handful walnuts, frivolously crushed
four tbsp Greek yogurt (or coconut yogurt)
2 tbsp nut butter or tahini
30 g / 1 ozdark chocolate
Mash the blueberries with a fork. Add milk, chia seeds, cardamom and salt and whisk till mixed. Let sit for 20 minutes, stirring one or twice halfway via. In the meantime put together the topping. Warmth coconut oil and maple syrup in a skillet and grate in some recent ginger. Stir within the seeds and walnuts and let sit for only a minute. Make room within the centre of the skillet and place the banana slices there. Warmth for only a minute on either side. If the skillet seems dry, add just a little further oil or syrup.
Pour the chia pudding into one giant or two smaller bowls. Add yogurt to the bowl and organize the bananas within the center. Drizzle the sesame brittle over the bananas, add a drizzle of nut butter and sprinkle over chocolate.