Butternut Squash Pasta with Chili Oil, Feta & Mint Recipe
Completely happy post-Halloween! I hope you all had a implausible vacation. Ours was… I suppose you might say, a bit of low key. We labored late after which went to the bar at Complete Meals for drinks and dinner. As a result of all these actions are literally actually enjoyable once you’re an outdated married couple like we’re :).
One other factor that’s enjoyable for us – pasta! However not simply any pasta – spicy butternut pasta!
I’ve been on a butternut squash kick recently, see right here and right here.
For this put up, I had initially planed to make a extra conventional fall pasta with herbs like sage and rosemary. Then all of the sudden, we had a streak of sunny warm-ish days right here in Chicago and I craved one thing vibrant and zesty as an alternative. I imply, I’m all the time craving vibrant and zesty issues (therefore the title of our weblog), so basically, that is my excellent fall meal.
I had some stunning mint from the farmers market and three Thai chiles left on our little deck plant, which impressed the remainder of the recipe. I made a fast chili-garlic oil that will get tossed onto the pasta with the roasted squash, olive oil, plenty of lemon, hazelnuts, and little bit of tangy feta. In the event you don’t have Thai chiles, you need to use common pink pepper flakes as an alternative… or as well as, in the event you like issues additional spicy.
I hope you take pleasure in this fast weeknight pasta!
Butternut Squash Pasta with Chili Oil, Feta & Mint
- three cups cubed butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus extra for drizzling
- 12 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 2 small pink Thai chili peppers*
- Pinches of pink pepper flakes
- ¼ cup contemporary lemon juice
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ⅓ cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
- ⅓ cup contemporary mint leaves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, extra for sprinkling
- Freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the squash on the sheet and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast for 22 to 25 minutes or till the squash is tender and golden brown across the edges.
- Cook dinner the pasta in line with the package deal instructions, or till al dente. Drain and switch to a big bowl.
- Warmth 1 tablespoon of the oil in a small skillet over low warmth. Add the garlic, chiles, and pink pepper flakes. Stir, and cook dinner 1 minute, or till the garlic is cooked however not burned. Take away from the warmth and drizzle the chili oil over the cooked pasta. Add the lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt and freshly floor black pepper and toss. Add the butternut squash, feta, hazelnuts, mint, and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and toss once more. Season to style and serve. Drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired.
Make this gluten free by utilizing gluten free pasta.