Category Spotlight Featured Recipe: Coconut-Tamari-Mustard-Glazed Chicken Thighs with Scallions & Cranberries
Coconut has undoubtedly made its mark on the specialty meals world. Whether or not as an ingredient or taste, it’s invading specialty meals merchandise, supporting weight-reduction plan selections, and boosting class gross sales.
To ship extra coconut taste to your prospects, take into account this recipe on your ready meals case. Spiced coconut milk, tamari, Dijon mustard, and cranberries make a tasty glaze for hen thighs. Though many individuals desire the comfort of boned hen, the meat is usually juicier and extra flavorful when cooked on the bone. Serve over a mattress of greens, like Brussels sprouts leaves, and jasmine rice.
¾ cup canned coconut milk (not lite)
1½ tablespoons tamari sauce
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon minced recent ginger
2 teaspoons complete grain mustard
2 teaspoons clean Dijon mustard
1 teaspoon floor allspice
⅛ to ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
four massive bone-in hen thighs, pores and skin and fats eliminated (1 ½ to 2 kilos)
⅓ cup dried cranberries, plus extra for garnish
⅓ cup sliced scallions, plus extra slices for garnish
Skinny slices of coconut, to garnish
- In a bowl, stir collectively the coconut milk, tamari sauce, garlic, ginger, complete and clean mustards, allspice, and pepper flakes.
- Switch to a big resealable plastic bag together with the hen, seal, flip to coat evenly, and refrigerate for not less than 2 hours or as much as 12 hours. Flip a couple of times throughout this time.
- Preheat the oven to 425 levels. Line a shallow baking pan massive sufficient to carry the thighs with out crowding with foil.
- Carry the thighs from the marinade and lay them flesh facet down within the pan, reserving any marinade. Bake for 20 minutes. Flip, add any remaining marinade together with the cranberries and scallions, and bake 25 to 30 minutes extra, or till an instant-read thermometer reads 165 levels. Baste the hen a couple of times throughout this time.
- Take away and let stand for 10 minutes. Garnish with remaining scallions and cranberries, and some slices of coconut earlier than serving.
Associated: Class Highlight: Coconut’s Ongoing Enchantment