Cauliflower Turmeric Rice Recipe – Love and Lemons
Hi there from Kyoto, Japan, the place we’re at present on trip and awake manner too early and embracing the jet lag that has now made us morning folks. I’ve to say, it’s form of good to start out the day tremendous early. Who knew one might accomplish a lot in a day whenever you get up at 5am?!
Whereas I’m not giving up precise rice anytime quickly, and definitely not whereas we’re in Japan, I like my cauliflower rice and I particularly love this turmeric-spiced cauliflower rice with creamy cardamom yogurt sauce. It checks all of these vital weeknight-friendly recipe packing containers: it’s simple to make, requires minimal elements, and its scrumptious taste is greater than the sum of its components. I based mostly this on an analogous recipe from our cookbook (the Curried Cauliflower Rice)… this model makes use of all cauliflower rice as a substitute of basmati rice, and its steps are a bit simplified.
So principally, you simply prepare dinner all the things that’s within the photograph above 🙂 … season it effectively with curry powder, turmeric, and a squeeze of lime. Don’t skip the yogurt sauce, it’s my favourite half, particularly whenever you serve this with naan bread for scooping and dipping.
I ought to add that whereas there are chopsticks on this photograph, the fantastic cauliflower rice granules actually work finest with a fork!
Cauliflower Turmeric Rice
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ cup yellow onion
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 small bunch broccolini, chopped, stems finely diced
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon curry powder, extra if desired
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons contemporary lime juice, plus lime slices for serving
- 2 cups cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup chopped scallions
- ¼ cup toasted cashews
- pink pepper flakes or sizzling sauce, as desired
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- naan bread, for serving
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- ½ cup Greek yogurt*
- 1 teaspoon contemporary lime juice
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly floor black pepper
- Make the cardamom yogurt: In a small bowl, stir collectively the yogurt, lime juice, cardamom, salt, and black pepper, to style. Put aside.
- Warmth the oil in a big non-stick skillet over medium warmth. Add the onion, carrot, diced broccolini stems, ¼ teaspoon of salt and some grinds of freshly floor black pepper. Cook dinner 5 minutes or till delicate, stirring sometimes. Add the broccolini florets and the chickpeas and prepare dinner four minutes or till the broccolini is tender however nonetheless vivid inexperienced.
- Cut back the warmth to low and stir within the curry powder and turmeric, after which the lime juice. Add the cauliflower rice and the scallions. Cook dinner three to four minutes, stirring sometimes, till the cauliflower is warmed by and the scallions are softened. Season to style and prime with the cashews, pink pepper flakes, and cilantro. Serve with scoops of the cardamom yogurt on prime and the lime slices, naan bread, and sizzling sauce on the facet.
*for a vegan possibility, coconut yogurt might work right here if it is one which’s to not candy. The yogurt sauce actually makes this dish, so I do not advocate skipping it!
- Previous The Best Breakfast Sweet Roll Recipes
- Next The Difference between Light and Dark Soy Sauce and a Soy Sauce Chow Mein Recipe