Chestnut Flour Bread Puddings with Dried Pears, Cranberries and Rosemary-Chestnut Honey Crème Anglaise
Chestnut lovers will love these tender particular person muffins with the multi-layered flavors of crème anglaise infused with dried fruits, chestnut honey, and contemporary rosemary. Garnished with a roasted chestnut and small rosemary sprig, they’re refined but evocative of a consolation meals dessert.
See different associated recipes in The Energy of Various Flourss
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 1 hour
Shelf life: muffins: 2 to three days tightly lined; Crème Anglaise: 2 to three days
2 cups complete milk
1 tablespoon chestnut honey
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
⅛ teaspoon salt
four massive egg yolks at room temperature
¾ teaspoon orange extract
1 ounce dried pears, finely diced
1 ounce dried cranberries, finely diced
2 teaspoons minced contemporary rosemary, plus 6 small sprigs to garnish
6 roasted and peeled chestnuts, to garnish (optionally available)
four ounces unsalted butter, softened
1/three cup firmly packed gentle brown sugar
2 massive eggs
¾ cup chestnut flour
¾ teaspoon baking powder
⅛ teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the crème anglaise: In a medium saucepan, warmth the milk, honey, sugar, and salt till small bubbles kind across the rim, stirring to combine nicely.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg yolks and orange extract till easy. Slowly whisk in half of the warmed milk. Return the combination to the pan and prepare dinner over medium-low warmth, stirring constantly with a picket spoon, till the sauce thickens and calmly coats the again of the spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Instantly pour the custard via a strainer right into a bowl set over ice; whisk constantly for a couple of minutes to chill. Stir within the pears, cranberries, and rosemary; cowl with plastic wrap simply touching the floor of the custard, and refrigerate.
- Make the muffins: Preheat the oven to 350 levels. Spray and calmly mud 1 (6-cup) muffin tin with flour.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter and sugar till easy. Stir within the eggs till blended. Sift the chestnut flour, baking powder, and salt into the butter combination. Add the vanilla and stir with a silicon spatula till blended. Utilizing an ice cream scoop, fill the ready muffin tin and bake till a toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear, about 17 minutes. Take away and funky within the tin.
- To serve: place unmolded muffins in flat bowls or on plates. Ladle the crème anglaise over and round them. Garnish with a small rosemary sprig and chestnut.