Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls Recipe
Fast, simple, and completely flavorful, these Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls with brown rice, black beans, and served with tomatoes and avocado are simply the best degree of adobo spice with a contact of honey to sweeten up meal prep for any lunch or dinner.
Once I seemed over and browse what her t-shirt mentioned, I considered a number of individuals I do know who spend at the least a part of day by day feeling precisely the identical manner.
Hangry. Hungry + offended = Hangry.
Personally, its uncommon that I ever get to the hangry stage as a result of I earn a living from home, so after I’m hungry, I can dart into the kitchen to make a fast lunch, seize a handful of almonds, or whip up my fave afternoon yogurt + berries + granola snack. Nevertheless it’s extremely seemingly I’m within the minority.
This rice bowl recipe comes from the brand new cookbook aimed toward fixing that dreaded meal-time dilemma of getting nutritious meals within the stomach when time isn’t at all times in your aspect. The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook: Simple and Scrumptious Dwelling-Cooked Meals for Busy Households by Mary Younkin of the meals weblog Barefeet Within the Kitchen, serves up super-simple breakfasts and lunches that work for everybody on the desk. Or if you happen to’re like me, simple to eat on the desk too.
Full of recipes for fast, simple, and make-ahead breakfasts and lunches, that is the busy individual’s cookbook with freezer storage recommendations and straightforward to reheat instructions galore.
Over on my Instagram tales I took a ballot and requested your opinion which recipe I ought to make from the e-book, and never surprisingly, this Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls got here out on prime. And right here’s why…
The best way to Make These Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls
One of many issues I really like most about meals in a bowl is how inventive you will get with them. I really like all issues chipotle-flavored and even created a chipotle shrimp burritos (the avocado crema is one of the best!) just a few years again. It’s time to return to the chipotle shrimp practice.
Chipotle peppers are smoked jalapeños which might be most frequently discovered canned in adobo sauce and ship an earthy, smoky, spicy chunk and are present in Tex-Mex and Mexican flavored dishes. Chipotle peppers can add some severe warmth to a dish, however are simple to manage your by including much less or extra of the pepper to no matter you’re making.
I at all times favor pink shrimp (often from Key West) for his or her sweetness over Mexican or Indonesian black shrimp. To maintain this a fast recipe, buy your shrimp already peeled and deveined.
The shrimp are quick-marinated with lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers and adobo sauce and sweetened with honey—chipotle’s favourite pairing. It solely takes 15 minutes for the marinade to taste the shrimp, and also you’ll undoubtedly need to preserve it underneath 30 minutes or the shrimp will start to interrupt down and turn out to be mealy when cooked.
These shrimp are equally scrumptious on their very own as an appetizer, or in tacos or lettuce wraps or wherever your cravings take you.
Assembling the shrimp bowls is extremely simple and tremendous adaptable to no matter you might have within the fridge, freezer, or pantry. All you want is a grain, protein, and greens. Right here, the chipotle marinade carries the flavour and so no extra dressing is even wanted, besides of a squeeze of contemporary lime for that contemporary taste hit.
Right here’s a listing of Mexican rice bowl ingredienys that pair effectively with the chipotle shrimp to make these bowls your personal:
- Brown or white rice, or attempt one other grain like as farro or quinoa
- Black beans
- Bell peppers
- Shisito peppers
- Crunchy lettuce similar to romaine and even shredded iceberg
- Crimson onion, white onion, or inexperienced onion
- Recent sliced jalapeño
- Bitter cream or cotija cheese
- At all times a squeeze of lime!
This dish is simply begging to go together with you to work, faculty, or wherever your day takes you as a result of it tastes simply nearly as good chilled because it does heat. I prepped just a few and despatched them to high school with my Smudge, who after I requested if she wished me to ship an additional for her pals to snack on at lunch she made it clear that she wished to maintain all of them for herself.
Who might blame her? Not this shrimp lover who gained’t be #hangry any time quickly.
Should you make this recipe, please let me know! Bookmark this recipe and depart a remark under, or take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Chipotle Lime Shrimp Bowls
- For the Shrimp
- 1 pound giant shrimp, deveined and peeled
- three tablespoons canola oil, divided
- three tablespoons contemporary lime juice, about 1-2 medium limes, divided
- 1 to 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely minced, about 1 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce (the liquid from the can of peppers)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ¾ teaspoons floor cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bowl Elements
- four cups cooked brown rice
- 1 15.5 ounce can black beans, drained and warmed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 giant avocado, pitted and chopped
- four inexperienced onions, chopped
- ¼ cup purple onion, chopped
- Recent cilantro
- Lime wedges
- Place the shrimp in a bowl or gallon freezer bag, and add 2 tablespoons of the oil, lime juice, chipotle peppers, adobe sauce, garlic, honey, salt, cumin, and pepper. Therapeutic massage the components into the shrimp and let the shrimp relaxation on the counter for 15 minutes.
- Warmth a big skillet over medium-high warmth. Add the remaining oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Unfold the shrimp throughout the pan and discard any remaining marinade. Add the shrimp to the pan and cook dinner for 1-2 minutes on all sides or till they’ve turned evenly pink on the skin and the insides are turning white.
- Assemble the bowls with the rice, black beans, veggies and sprinkle with cilantro. Drizzle with extra adobo sauce and a squeeze of lime if desired.
See extra recipes from Barefeet Within the Kitchen and buy The Weekday Lunches and Breakfasts Cookbook right here.
As at all times, thanks for studying and supporting corporations I accomplice with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. All opinions are at all times my very own.
Thanks for studying and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have every publish delivered straight to your e-mail field.
Be taught extra about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner right here, and join free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Observe me on Instagram, Fb, Pinterest and Twitter for extra FoodieCrush inspiration.
Subscribe and have each FoodieCrush publish delivered straight to your e-mail inbox
(Visited 1 instances, 1 visits right this moment)