Citrus Poppyseed Lemon Cookies Recipe
Say hi there to my new favourite cookies. I do know, you’re not stunned, as a result of you know the way a lot I like lemon. However these(!) lemon cookies have that bakery-perfect chewy center with a frivolously crisp edge and an ideal stability of sunshine & vivid citrus taste. An actual deal with, particularly now that we’re coming into the vacation season, though I’d fortunately take one in all these lemon cookies any day of the 12 months.
This lemon cookie recipe comes from my buddy Melissa Coleman’s ebook The Minimalist Kitchen. You could know of her weblog, The Fake Martha. Should you don’t, go test it out – you’ll completely love her. She has splendidly approachable meal-time recipes, extremely do-able organizational ideas (try her fairly pantry), and, man, can that lady bake.
What I like about these lemon cookies is that they’ve substance – notably from the cornmeal and poppy seeds. Plus, the combination of olive oil with butter provides them a vivid taste that brings out the citrus essence so properly.
These photographs truly make them look form of small, however made with a 1/Four-cup cookie scoop, these lemon cookies are an ideal 1-cookie afternoon indulgence with a cup of espresso or tea.
For extra cookie recipes, try the dessert part of our recipe index!
Citrus Poppyseed Lemon Cookies
Creator: Jeanine Donofrio
Recipe kind: Dessert
- 2¼ cups-all objective flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar, extra for sprinkling
- 1½ teaspoons lemon zest
- 1½ teaspoons orange zest
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 massive egg
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the flour, cornmeal, poppy seeds, baking soda, and salt.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream collectively the butter, sugar, and zests on medium velocity till properly mixed. Add the oil, egg, and lemon juice. Proceed mixing till pale and evenly mixed, about 1 minute, scraping down the edges as wanted.
- Add the dry substances to the creamed substances, mixing on low velocity till simply mixed. The dough might be considerably dense.
- Utilizing a ¼-cup sized cookie scoop, scoop the dough onto the ready baking sheet (be aware: these cookies will unfold, so depart some room in between every one), and sprinkle the tops with sugar. Bake for 12 to 13 minutes. The cookies will seem to be they want a minute longer, however take them out anyhow. Let cool on the pan for 1 minute earlier than transferring to a cooling rack to chill fully.
Tip: to carry butter to room temperature extra shortly, lower it into skinny shreds, exposing as a lot of the floor space as attainable.