Creamy Vegan Baked Pasta with Brussels Sprouts Recipe
Blissful first week of spring! With summer season on the horizon, no less than in my still-Austin-based mindset, I actually need to be making lighter and brighter meals. However then I’m reminded that it nonetheless snowed right here final week. Sooooo… creamy baked pasta it’s! This veggie-ful dish is hearty but cheese-less – it received’t weigh you down however it’s going to fill you up!
As an alternative of a bunch of cheese and cream, I used my secret creamy blender sauce: almonds, Almond Breeze almondmilk, white miso paste, garlic, lemon juice for tang, and a little bit of Dijon mustard for the depth you need in a baked pasta. Sure, in case you’re an excellent fan, you could acknowledge many of those substances from the creamy miso pasta recipe in our cookbook… it’s a beautiful combo that I’ve tailored right here to make a comfortable baked model.
A fast notice: I often hold AlmondBreeze Unsweetened in my fridge always, in order that’s what I used on this recipe, however their Almond Cashew mix can be deliciously nutty and creamy on this sauce as properly.
As soon as the sauce is made, set it apart and cook dinner your Brussels sprouts. Because the sauce doesn’t include cream or cheese, it has to have a brief bake time in order that the sauce stays creamy within the oven. This is the reason I precook the Brussels sprouts – plus they’re at all times higher with a little bit sear to deliver out their taste.
After the Brussels sprouts are decently browned, mix with the pasta and pour on the sauce. It would seem to be a variety of sauce, however we wish creamy pasta, so sauce it up!
After getting all the pieces within the baking dish, you possibly can technically high this with a cup of melty mozzarella cheese or a wholesome shaving of contemporary Parmesan cheese. Should you reside with choosy eaters you could need to go that route. Should you’re like me, you’ll high it with a sprinkle of hemp seeds, panko bread crumbs, and a beneficiant drizzle of olive oil. Bake, then high with chives and/or tarragon.
Then… dig in!
Creamy Vegan Baked Pasta with Brussels Sprouts
- 1 cup uncooked slivered almonds
- 2 tablespoon white miso paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Almond Breeze almondmilk Unique Unsweetened
- ¼ cup contemporary lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 ounces shell pasta
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- three cups Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons white wine, or water, to deglaze the pan
- 2 scallions, sliced
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 1 tablespoon panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Further-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ cup chopped contemporary herbs (chives, tarragon, or parsley)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and brush a 7×9-inch or related dimension baking dish with olive oil.
- Make the white miso sauce: In a excessive pace blender, mix the almonds, miso paste, garlic, Dijon mustard, almond milk, lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and mix till easy.
- Make the pasta: Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil. Put together the pasta in response to the directions on the bundle, cooking till al dente. Drain and toss with a little bit olive oil to maintain the pasta from sticking collectively.
- Warmth the 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over medium/excessive warmth. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook dinner, stirring often, till browned and tender, 6 to eight minutes. Take away from the warmth, add the wine, and stir to scrape up any bits which have caught to the underside of the pan. Add the cooked pasta, the scallions, and the miso sauce to the pan. Stir to coat, then switch to the baking dish. High with the panko bread crumbs, hemp seeds, a couple of pinches of salt, cheese, if utilizing, and drizzle the highest with olive oil.
- Bake, coated for 15 minutes or till the Brussels sprouts are totally tender and the dish is simply warmed by. This brief cooking time will stop the filling from drying out.
- Take away from the oven, sprinkle with the contemporary herbs, and serve.
Word: in case you’re not vegan and need to bake this with cheese on high, sprinkle 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese and bake uncovered till bubbly, 20 to 25 minutes.
This put up is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almond Breeze almondmilk. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that hold us cooking!