Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Pudding Recipe
Skip pumpkin pie this Thanksgiving and make butternut squash pudding as a substitute! This yummy pudding is creamy and oh so pumpkin-like, nevertheless it’s made with contemporary roasted squash. It’s tremendous simple to make – simply roast, mix, and chill.
Right here’s how this one took place. A number of weeks in the past, I made these butternut sandwiches, and a number of assessments of this butternut curry. By the top of that week, I had a number of squash elements leftover (notably as a result of these sandwiches required simply the lengthy plank items). My first thought, in fact, was to make soup. My second thought was to ask Jack if he had any concepts. Fairly often, he likes to shrink back from these kind of (pressured) brainstorming periods, however he stunned me when he mentioned Butternut Squash Pudding! And I feel I stunned him with a “YES! I like that concept!”
This recipe requires just some elements (see above), nevertheless it’s so flavorful as a result of the butternut squash itself is of course creamy and candy to start with.
Have a look at all that squash! That is dessert, but it’s virtually as wholesome as consuming soup!
You would prime these nevertheless you want, as they’re a little bit of a clean canvas. At dwelling, we eat it plain… for you, my visitor, I topped them with coconut cream and chocolate shavings. I additionally assume toasted pecans or granola can be a scrumptious contact.
Creamy Vegan Butternut Squash Pudding
- 1 giant butternut squash, 5 to six cups peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Further-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ½ cup coconut cream* (see notice)
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 to six tablespoons almond milk, if essential to mix
- Optionally available toppings: coconut cream, chocolate shavings, toasted pecans
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Organize the squash cubes on the baking sheet and toss with just a bit little bit of olive oil. Roast for 30 to 35 minutes or till tender. (Notice: the squash doesn’t have to be golden brown, simply very delicate).
- Switch the squash to a blender and add the coconut cream, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt. Mix till clean, including almond milk, if crucial, to succeed in a blendable consistency. Style and alter the sweetness and spices to your liking.
- Switch to ramekins or bowls and chill four hours or in a single day. Serve with desired toppings.
*I’ve had finest outcomes with Thai Kitchen Coconut Cream, which is delicate and thick, not watery, however not too arduous. I’ve additionally made this with Dealer Joe’s coconut cream (which is thicker) and had so as to add extra almond milk to succeed in a blendable consistency.