Crunchy Chickpea Snack
At Monument Lane in New York’s Greenwich Village the chickpea snack is positively addictive.
Proprietor Josh Früm shared the unique recipe. One other technique for making this snack is to toss a 14.5-ounce can of chickpeas—rinsed and patted dry—in 2 tablespoons of oil. Oven-roast them in a jellyroll pan at 450 F till crunchy and richly browned, about 30 to 40 minutes. Make sure to watch towards the top to verify they don’t burn.
See different associated recipes in Chickpeas: A Mediterranean Staple.
Yield: four cups
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Shelf life: Greatest in 1 to 2 days
½ tablespoon fennel seeds
2 ounces shallots
four tablespoons all-purpose flour
four cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and patted dry
three cups canola oil, for frying
1 teaspoon Aleppo pepper
freshly floor black pepper
- In a dry skillet, toast the fennel seeds for about 2 minutes till golden brown, shaking the pan sometimes. Put aside.
- Slice the shallots very skinny and mud calmly with flour, tossing to cowl. In a medium pot, warmth the oil to 350 F. Add the shallots and prepare dinner over medium-high till golden brown, three to four minutes. Take away with a slotted spoon to paper towels to empty.
- Return the oil to 350 F. Add the chickpeas and prepare dinner till crispy and golden brown, 5 to 12 minutes, relying on how huge the pot is. Take away with a slotted spoon to a metallic or glass bowl. Add the Aleppo pepper, salt and freshly floor pepper to style. Toss nicely and serve.
Dietary Knowledge (per cup): Energy: 380; Ldl cholesterol: zero mg; Sodium: 720 mg; Fats: eight g; Dietary Fiber: 11 g
- Previous Baked Parmesan-Panko Crusted Pork Chops with Mushroom Ketchup
- Next Mocha-Chocolate Chip Mini Angel Food Cakes with Salted Caramel Glaze