DIY Herbal Tea Blend
Are you a free leaf tea drinker? Should you’ve by no means had free leaf tea or just desire the comfort of tea baggage, I’m undoubtedly not right here to guage, however I are likely to desire free leaf teas as a result of they’re often greater high quality which ends up in higher taste and extra useful properties within the tea.
I’ve been making my very own tea blends and combos for awhile and I really like how simple it’s to create a mix that’s uniquely your individual and suited to your style buds! This DIY Natural Tea Mix is certainly one of my favorites for quite a lot of causes and it’s simple to make as a result of it’s a mixture of three teas:
- Rooibus – a candy, caffeine-free tea from South Africa loaded with antioxidants.
- Chamomile – recognized for its capability to deal with quite a lot of situations like upset abdomen, stress, and sleep deprivation.
- Lavender – fantastic for serving to you chill out and it additionally smells and tastes scrumptious on this mix!
The overall rule of thumb when brewing free leaf tea is 1 teaspoon of tea per cup of water. I have a tendency to love stronger tea so I often add 2 – three teaspoons per cup of water, particularly if I plan to make use of this mix iced. If that is your first time making free leaf tea, listed below are a few of my favourite tricks to yield the perfect tasting tea:
- All the time use recent, chilly, and ideally filtered water for boiling. (This may assist your tea to style the perfect.)
- The advisable temperature for making natural tea is 205°F, which implies you possibly can often deliver the water to a rolling boil after which steep the tea straight away. (Some teas like inexperienced or black are higher at a decrease temperature so you need to wait a couple of minutes after boiling.)
- For steeping the tea, I often go for my trusty Bodum teapot or tea filters if I’m utilizing a journey mug on-the-go. Recently I’ve been utilizing a tea infuser, which permits me to steep the tea instantly in my mug. For some motive this has felt simpler than utilizing a teapot, but it surely’s all private choice.
- The tea ought to steep for three – 5 minutes, after which the leaves needs to be eliminated. It’s additionally advisable that the cup is roofed throughout steeping.
- Lastly, take pleasure in your tea! If desired, add some milk, your favourite sweetener, and/or serve chilly to your liking!
- ½ cup rooibus tea
- ½ cup chamomile tea
- ¼ cup lavender
- Combine rooibus, chamomile, and lavender collectively. Retailer in an hermetic jar.
- Use 1 teaspoon – 1 tablespoon of free leaf tea with eight ounces of water (relying on desired power of the tea). See above for brewing suggestions.
The put up DIY Natural Tea Mix appeared first on In Sonnet's Kitchen.
- Previous Summer Chicken Salad with Blackberries, Sugar Snaps, and Candied Hazelnuts with Turmeric Vinaigrette
- Next Savory Green Smoothie Bowl