Easy Chicken Mole Enchiladas Recipe
This tremendous straightforward, no-cook, home made mole sauce is comprised of scratch, and provides common hen enchiladas a scrumptious twist for a brilliant quick Mexican dinner to meal prep and even throw collectively for a fast and straightforward weeknight meal.
I lately heard a couple of research that reported that irrespective of what number of recipes they’ve on their Pinterest want checklist or the canine eared of their favourite cookbooks, the house cook dinner typically makes the identical 15-20 recipes over and over and over.
Now, on one hand, this restricted recipe technique generally is a bonus, as a result of:
- They’re recipes you and your loved ones will eat.
- They’re confirmed recipes that work.
- Because you’re aware of them, there’s no time wasted leaning right into a recipe studying curve.
However however, these recipes can get you completely get caught in a rut. And who desires to be the boring cook dinner within the kitchen anyway??!!
Immediately’s recipe is a hybrid of one in every of my go-to recipes to cook dinner (enchiladas) with a twist (mole sauce!), as a result of:
- It’s completely acquainted = enchiladas. Approachable = hen. However with the addition of simply two elements to common enchilada sauce, this recipe will get severe brownie factors for uniqueness.
- Once they’re as straightforward to make as these, enchiladas are just about unimaginable to screw up.
- All it’s essential to find out about these infants is learn how to use a blender, an oven, and learn how to roll with one of the best of them.
Learn how to Make Mole Enchiladas
As a result of mole sauce isn’t discovered at most bizarre Mexican American eating places, many individuals aren’t aware of it which results in the preferred questions on mole sauce: what’s mole made from and what does mole style like?
This mole begins with a no-cook enchilada sauce I found when making this Chilaquiles recipe I featured from The Minimalist Kitchen: 100 Healthful Recipes, Important Instruments, and Environment friendly Methods authored by my buddy Melissa of The Fake Martha. The enchiladas sauce recipe was really easy to make, and had such depth of taste I knew it could be simply the best base for a mole sauce.
Conventional mole sauce can embody nuts, fruits, spices and chocolate (like this one) multi functional recipe. However we’re taking the better route, with out sacrificing taste.
This mole sauce has the addition of chocolate, peanut butter, and cinnamon. Sure, it seems like a brilliant bizarre ingredient addition, however the sweetness mellows the spice and earthiness of the enchilada sauce, creating a fancy taste from easy elements and is prepared in 12 minutes. And that features 10 minutes time to soak the chiles.
You possibly can completely make this whole meal forward, or not less than meal prep the elements so that you’re able to go.
For all of the purist enchilada lovers on the market, I do certainly understand that enchiladas use corn tortillas as an alternative of flour. And that they often dunk these tortillas in oil earlier than rolling. However as a result of my household prefers flour tortillas over corn, I made the manager resolution to share our favourite model right here.
In case you favor corn tortillas, each yellow and white corn work equally properly, however you’ll want to give them a fast fry first. This makes the tortillas extra pliable and fewer more likely to tear. Put together a skillet with about 1 cup of canola oil over medium excessive warmth and shortly fry the tortillas one after the other for about 10 seconds, then drain on a paper towel. Don’t allow them to get too crisped or they’ll be too stiff to roll.
I add a little bit little bit of onion in addition to shredded cheese and a little bit of sauce to the center of every enchilada. So technically, sure, these are hen and cheese enchiladas, and my household loves ’em that method!
I made my hen within the Prompt Pot multi-cooker, however rotisserie hen , baked hen breast, or meal prepped hen is the best way to go right here.
To cook dinner the hen within the Prompt Pot, add Three skinless, boneless hen breasts to the insert of a 6 quart Prompt Pot with 1 cup water, 1/2 onion lower into quarters, and a couple of cloves garlic with a wholesome dose of kosher salt. Cook dinner on excessive strain for 10 minutes, then pure launch for 10 minutes, and Bob’s your uncle.
Add a beneficiant quantity of sauce to the underside of the dish and to the highest and layer it up with cheese. I used a colby cheddar mix and topped it with cotija, sliced inexperienced onion, cilantro and avocados. As a result of at our home, similar to these enchiladas, avocados will pull any dish out of a rut.
What to Serve With Enchiladas to Make a Meal
In fact you’ll be able to serve this with rice and refried beans, however I prefer to steadiness issues out with a lighter contact and recipes like these:
Do you could have any favourite Mexican sides to share? Publish within the feedback or e-mail me at [email protected]
In case you make this recipe, please let me know! Bookmark this recipe and go away a remark beneath, or take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Past Straightforward Hen Mole Enchiladas
- For the Mole Sauce
- 2 cups sizzling water
- four dried Ancho chiles, stemmed and deseeded
- ¾ roughly chopped candy onion
- 1 15-ounce can fire-roasted tomatoes
- four cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2½ teaspoons kosher salt
- ⅓ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- Three tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- To Assemble the Enchiladas
- eight to 10 6-inch flour tortillas
- Three cups shredded hen
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 2-Three cups shredded cheese
- Three cups mole sauce
- Avocado, chopped inexperienced onion, cilantro and cotija cheese for garnish
- For the Mole Sauce
- In a high-powered blender, add the new water and submerge the chiles within the water. Let sit for 10 minutes to melt. Add the onion, tomatoes, garlic, honey and kosher salt and mix on excessive till easy. Then, add the chocolate chips and peanut butter and mix for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- To Make the Enchiladas
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a 9 X 12 baking dish, add 1 cup of the mole sauce, tilting the dish to evenly coat the underside of the dish. Fill every tortilla with ¼ cup shredded cheese and ⅓ cup of the hen. Drizzle with extra mole sauce and sprinkle with the chopped onion. Roll the enchilada and place seam facet down within the pan. Repeat and place the enchiladas snugly towards each other. Pour 1½ cups of the sauce over the middle of the enchiladas and high with extra shredded cheese. Tent with aluminum foil and for 20 minutes or till warmed by way of and the cheese is melted. Take away the aluminum foil and bake for 10 extra minutes. Garnish with the chopped avocado, onion, cilantro and cotija cheese if desired.
As all the time, thanks for studying and supporting corporations I accomplice with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. All opinions are all the time my very own.
Thanks for studying and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have every publish delivered straight to your e-mail field.
Study extra about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner right here, and join free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Observe me on Instagram, Fb, Pinterest and Twitter for extra FoodieCrush inspiration.
Subscribe and have each FoodieCrush publish delivered straight to your e-mail inbox
(Visited 156 instances, 156 visits at present)