Easy Greek Chicken Kebab Recipe
Boneless, skinless hen breast marinated within the conventional Greek flavors of lemon, garlic and oregano then threaded on skewers with just a few veggies makes these grilled hen kebabs a simple and wholesome weeknight dinner winner.
Dinner on the grill makes up about 95% of our summer season dinner cooking routine, and with a lot selection available (pork, steak, shrimp, and even cheese!) cooking skewers and kebabs is a simple, all-in-one wholesome dinner that take as little as 15 minutes to marinate solely about 15 minutes for the hen kebabs to prepare dinner on the grill.
I’m unsure once I dropped the shish in shish kebabs, however whether or not you spell them kebabs or kababs, or possibly name them skewers too, these small chunks of hen threaded on wood or steel skewers with vegetable chunks are extremely versatile to make.
Practically each delicacies has it’s personal ethnic taste of hen kebab (Indian, Turkish, Center Jap, Japanese and Thai) as a well-liked avenue meals to eat on the go.
However at this time we’re staying at dwelling to make our personal, and remedy my summertime Mediterranean flavor-craving with grilled Greek hen kebabs, all day, all the way in which, babe-ae.
Methods to Make the Greek Hen Marinade
This greek marinade is my favourite go-to recipe for something and every part hen and it does double obligation as a dressing for salads too.
Marinade the hen in simply half of this marinade and reserve the opposite half for basting the skewers as they prepare dinner, in case you so want.
The hen is sufficiently flavored in simply 15 minutes, or let it soak in all that Greek taste for as much as three hours in a bowl or a re-sealable gallon storage bag. I usually don’t go longer than the three hour mark to keep away from the hen changing into mealy.
Right here’s what’s on this Greek marinade:
- Greek yogurt: This can be a new addition to my common Greek marinade. I added the yogurt after making my Straightforward Hen Gyros the place the yogurt tenderizes the hen for a really good, juicy chunk.
- Lemon juice + zest: The acid from the lemon additionally helps break down the powerful fibers of the hen because it provides a flavorful zip to every chunk. Including the zest of 1 lemon to the marinade amps the flavour up even that rather more.
- Garlic: As a result of good day, garlic.
- Olive oil: Olive oil provides a little bit of fats and helps create a barrier whereas the hen is on the grill. Nonetheless, you’ll nonetheless need put together your grill with extra oil and rotate your skewers so the hen doesn’t turn into too charred or burn.
- Oregano: As a result of dried herbs are stronger in taste than recent, I’ve discovered that dried oregano works greatest for this marinade, and a wholesome dose of it’s positively required.
Methods to Make Greek Hen Kebabs
Boneless hen breast is the protein I used right here, however in case you’re a darkish hen meat lover (which is commonly extra juicy and fewer apt to overcook) use hen thighs in case you want.
Slicing the hen into chunks all the identical dimension is the important thing to your kebabs cooking evenly. You’ll additionally need to minimize your veggies to the identical dimension to match.
I used steel skewers for threading the meat and veggies on, however bamboo skewers work effectively too. If utilizing a wood skewer, you’ll want to soak the skewers for no less than 15-30 minutes so that they don’t burn on the grill. Utilizing a smaller dimension wood skewer, and slicing the hen and veggies into smaller items, can simply flip this recipe right into a satisfactory appetizer too.
When threading the hen and greens on the skewers, pack them tightly collectively as each will shrink as they prepare dinner. Rotate the hen skewers usually to make sure even cooking and baste with the reserved marinade in case you’d like.
Extra Kebab Recipes to Skewer for the Grill
In case you make this recipe, please let me know! Bookmark this recipe and go away a remark under, or take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
Greek Hen Kebabs
- 1 pound boneless, skinless hen breasts (about 2 massive breasts)
- ⅓ cup plain Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Four lemons, juiced and zest of 1 lemon
- Four-5 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 1 pink onion, quartered into 1-inch items
- 1 small zucchini, sliced into ¼ inch cash
- 1 pink bell pepper, seeded and minimize into 1-inch items
- Slice the hen breasts lengthwise into thirds, after which slice once more into about 1-inch items. Place the hen items in a freezer bag or bowl and put aside.
- Add the Greek yogurt and olive oil to a medium dimension bowl. Zest one of many lemons and add to the bowl then juice that lemon into the bowl. Add the minced garlic, oregano, kosher salt and black pepper and stir. Pour half of the marinade into the freezer bag or the bowl with the hen items and reserve the opposite half of the marinade for basting. Marinate the hen for 30 minutes or as much as three hours within the fridge.
- When able to grill, put together the grill by flippantly oiling the grate with vegetable oil or cooking spray and set to medium excessive warmth.
- If utilizing wood skewers, put together them by soaking in water for 10 minutes. If utilizing steel skewers, no prep is critical.
- Thread the hen on the skewers alternating with the pink onion, zucchini and pink bell pepper till you have reached the top of the skewer, ending with hen. Repeat with the remaining skewers. Discard any of the remaining marinade that had the hen in it.
- Grill the hen, basting the kebabs with the reserved marinade and turning usually so all sides browns and has mild grill marks, till cooked by way of, about 10-15 minutes or till the hen juices run clear. Serve heat. Refrigerate leftovers for as much as three days.
Recipe Concepts to Add to These Kebabs and Make a Meal
P.S. Do you might have a favourite kebab or skewer recipe you’d wish to share, or a taste you’d wish to see? E-mail me at [email protected] and share, or go away a remark under.
As at all times, thanks for studying and supporting corporations I accomplice with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. All opinions are at all times my very own.
Thanks for studying and to have every put up delivered straight to your e-mail field.
Craving extra life stability, much less stress, and higher well being? Try my Nourished Planner, the every day planner to assist create simplicity and under-schedule your life.
Observe me on Instagram, Fb, Pinterest and Twitter for extra FoodieCrush inspiration.
Subscribe and have each FoodieCrush put up delivered straight to your e-mail inbox
(Visited 1 instances, 1 visits at this time)