Fennel, Sage, and Kale Pasta Recipe
I’ve a confession to make. I’m actually horrible at adorning for the vacations. Some years it occurs, others it doesn’t… after which some years we find yourself with a Valentine’s Day tree as a result of we lose observe of time and the work of taking down decorations is way much less enjoyable than placing them up.
So right here’s my model of vacation greenery for you – it comes within the type of a kale pasta! It’s, after all, edible and the clear up is minimal. 🙂
This kale pasta is stuffed with all types of warming wintery goodness together with a base of sautéed shallots, fennel, and savory, fragrant, sage. There’s a little bit of briny solar dried tomato for pop and (after all) some lemon juice so as to add a little bit of shiny cheer.
I used a elaborate pasta form known as toscani – I simply love the way in which the kale wraps across the quick curly noodles. In case you can’t discover it, you need to use any quick reduce pasta that you simply like.
Except for boiling the pasta, this recipe comes collectively in a single giant skillet (or pictured, this gorgeous braiser), so it’s an awesome one to have in your again pocket when it’s essential get a hearty, wholesome dinner on the desk this winter.
Serve with olive oil for drizzling and (not pictured, however extremely really helpful) freshly grated pecorino cheese!
For extra wholesome pasta recipes, browse the pasta part of our recipe index!
Fennel, Sage, and Kale Pasta
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- three shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 giant fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- three garlic cloves, sliced
- ¼ teaspoon purple pepper flakes
- ¼ cup chopped sage
- 12-ounces toscani pasta (or any quick pasta)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- eight cups torn kale leaves
- eight oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Freshly grated pecorino cheese, for serving
- Warmth the oil in a big skillet over medium warmth. Add the shallots, fennel, garlic, purple pepper flakes, sage, ½ teaspoon salt, and freshly floor black pepper and prepare dinner till the fennel is tender, about eight minutes.
- In the meantime, convey a big pot of salted water to a boil and prepare dinner the pasta till al dente.
- To the skillet, add the white wine and let it scale back for 30 seconds. Scale back the warmth to low, add the kale and toss till simply wilted. Use a slotted spoon to scoop the cooked pasta into the skillet. Add the sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts, lemon juice and toss.
- Season to style and serve with beneficiant drizzles of olive oil and freshly grated pecorino cheese.
Make this gluten free through the use of gluten free pasta.