Four Simple Summer Snacks Recipe
On social media, everybody all the time talks concerning the idea of “not a tragic desk lunch”… however what about “not-a-sad desk snack?” For me, snacks can get SO boring. Usually, at 3pm when my abdomen is growling, I attain for a handful of plain uncooked almonds as a result of that’s all I’ve acquired (once I’ve already eaten by means of the roasted ones). After which I’m form of bummed that I didn’t have one thing somewhat extra flavorful and that I simply wasted a wonderfully good snack alternative.
So right now – higher snacks! Whether or not you’re employed at a desk otherwise you’re always on the go, these are all quite simple and yummy. Plus, they’re gluten free, due to the scrumptious new gluten free Wasa crispbread crackers These crispbread crackers are particularly nice as a clean canvas. They’re sturdy sufficient to carry a wholesome quantity of toppings, they usually’re simply massive sufficient that every one in every of these is a substantially-sized snack.
Pictured above are the elements for all four variations. Clearly, if I’m snacking on my own, I’d make only one sort at a time, however how enjoyable would it not be to make all of them and have a snack get together? Snack hour = the brand new pleased hour??
If I’m choosing favorites right here – that is the one. Impressed by wasabi peas (however not truly utilizing them), I made an avocado-pea mash with a dab of wasabi, sesame, ginger, and garlic. Unfold it on a cracker and high with extra peas and sesame seeds. The avocado-pea mash will final about 2 days within the fridge.
A basic combo for summer season. As a substitute of mozzarella, I blended ricotta with lemon zest and sea salt. It will maintain within the fridge all week, simply high with cherry tomatoes and basil for a really fancy weekday snack.
I like all of those elements in a taco – this time I skipped the tortilla and loaded every thing onto the gluten free Wasa crispbread cracker.
A recipe isn’t required for this easy combo, however pairing almond butter and berries by no means will get previous to me. Regardless that I’m extra of a savory snacker, I crave berries all summer season lengthy. Notice: the berries are additionally good rather than the tomatoes on the ricotta cracker above!
four Easy Summer season Snacks
- ½ ripe avocado
- ¼ cup thawed frozen peas, plus further for topping
- ½ garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- tiny dab of wasabi, extra as desired*
- sea salt
- four Wasa Gluten Free Sesame & Sea Salt Crackers
- sesame oil, for drizzling
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- Wasabi Pea Crackers: In a small bowl, mash collectively the avocado, peas, garlic, ginger, lemon juice, wasabi, a drizzle of sesame oil, and some pinches of salt. Unfold onto (four) crackers and high every with the remaining peas and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Crunchy Caprese Crackers: In a small bowl, combine collectively the ricotta cheese, lemon zest, and a pinch of salt. Unfold onto (four) crackers, and high every with the cherry tomatoes and basil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Taco Crackers: Use the again of a fork to evenly mash the avocado onto every of (four) crackers with a squeeze of lime and a pinch of salt. High with the black beans, cilantro, pickled onion, and season with extra salt, if desired.
- AB&B Crackers: Unfold the almond butter onto the crackers and high every with the strawberries, blueberries, and coconut flakes.
*When you’re gluten free, verify to ensure the wasabi product you get doesn’t comprise gluten.