Golden Turmeric Noodle Miso Soup Recipe
The factor that nobody talks about in meals running a blog is that you just develop some actually bizarre consuming patterns. The query of the day isn’t “what am I having for breakfast or lunch,” it’s “what are we engaged on and may it’s thought of a meal?”
In December, testing cookie recipes day by day was a little bit of a sugar rush. After that, steadiness was restored whereas testing/creating this wholesome nourishing noodle soup recipe. I feel I ate this soup 4 instances in a row final week – so what you’re taking a look at is my unintentional soup cleanse. Now, I don’t “cleanse” for well being functions, however I did actually get pleasure from consuming this soup time and again :).
This soup is vivid in coloration and in taste. When you’re making an attempt to eat lighter within the new 12 months, however nonetheless wish to eat one thing scrumptious – give this soup a attempt! It has a brothy base that’s made with kombu (the nourishing base of Japanese dashi), ginger, scallions, carrots, and turmeric. The miso paste thickens the broth and provides it a lot of its taste (don’t skip it right here!).
As an alternative of filling the soup with tons and many noodles, I used half rice noodles and half zucchini noodles. This manner, you continue to get that satisfying feeling that you just’re consuming a bowl of noodles. The soup is completed with a pop of lemon & lime and a little bit of sriracha. It’s like a wholesome veggie scorching and bitter soup. It’s a bit of punchy, a bit of earthy, and a bit of spicy. I hope you get pleasure from!
Golden Turmeric Noodle Miso Soup
- 6 cups water
- 1 strip of kombu, rinsed
- three scallions, chopped
- 1 giant carrot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ cup white miso paste
- ½ teaspoon floor turmeric
- ½ teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- 7 ounces tofu, cubed
- 2.5 ounces rice noodles noodles, and/or zucchini noodles (1 small zucchini)
- 2 child bok choy, stalks thinly sliced, leaves torn
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, non-obligatory
- Recent mint or cilantro, non-obligatory for serving
- Pinch of pink pepper flakes, non-obligatory
- In a medium pot, mix the water and the kombu. Simmer gently, with out boiling, for 10 minutes. Take away the kombu. Add the scallions, carrots, ginger, and garlic and simmer till the carrots are smooth, about 20 minutes.
- Scoop ½ cup of the new broth right into a small bowl with the miso paste. Stir till mixed and return it to the soup pot. Add the turmeric, black pepper, lemon and lime juice, coconut oil, tamari, sriracha, tofu, noodles, and bok choy. Simmer for 10 minutes. Season to style with ¼ teaspoon sea salt, if desired, and serve with recent herbs, if desired.
- Previous Saving the season: Lemons | Freezing, Drying, and Preserving
- Next Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup Recipe