Green Curry Noodle Bowl with Poached Egg and Spinach
Publish sponsored by GE Home equipment. See under for extra particulars.
It’s no secret that I really like noodle bowl, particularly when it’s topped with an egg. Nevertheless, I noticed I’ve by no means shared one among my favourite methods to eat noodles: bathed in a scrumptious broth. These noodles get assist from my favourite inexperienced curry sauce (the place you’ve seen on this potato curry and this inexperienced bean curry). Better of all, in the event you prep the curry sauce forward of time, these noodles are an ideal 15-minute meal. Plus, in the event you’re feeling such as you need to make every part from scratch, a do-it-yourself inexperienced curry paste is the right addition.
I’m excited to associate with GE on this noodle bowl. It’s been superb to have six burners on their Cafe vary to check all my recipes on (as a result of any given day I’ve three recipes occurring the burner). This noodle bowl comes collectively fast, making your lunch or dinner prepared very quickly.
A scrumptious green-packed lunch, this noodle bowl options udon noodles with a creamy coconut curry sauce, spinach, and a poached egg. Go away the egg out for a vegan meal.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled + minced
- 1 small jalapeno (deseeded and diced)
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 scallions, diced
- three tablespoons thai inexperienced curry paste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- 1/2 cup whole-fat coconut milk
- ⅓ cup loosely packed cilantro
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- four ounces raw udon noodles
- 2 cups child spinach
- Salt, to style
- 2 poached egg
- Toasted coconut flakes, for serving
- Cilantro, for serving
- Within the stockpot you’ll ultimately make the noodles, warmth the coconut oil over medium. Add within the garlic, jalapeno, ginger, and scallion. Prepare dinner till aromatic and tender, three to four minutes. Switch to a blender with the curry paste, lime juice, sugar, coconut milk, and cilantro. Puree till clean.
- Place the broth and water in a pot. Carry to a boil, cut back to a simmer, and add the noodles. Prepare dinner the noodles till simply tender then stir within the curry sauce and spinach. Prepare dinner for one more minute or so, simply till the spinach is tender. Style and add salt as desired.
- Divide the noodles into two bowls and high with poached eggs, coconut flakes, sliced scallion greens, and chili flakes if desired.
Suggestions + Methods: Make further curry sauce and freeze to be used in later soups or curry bowls.
Dissipate leftover elements: cilantro, coconut milk, noodles
Curry Noodle Bowl
Greens: swap out the spinach for chard, kale, or collards. For some other selection, it’s possible you’ll have to cook dinner the greens for a bit longer to make sure they aren’t overly crisp.
Warmth degree: Add pink chili flakes to the curry base or do as I did and the highest the bowl with a sprinkle of chili flakes.
Noodles: swap out the udon noodles in your favourite noodle. In case you’re seeking to make this meal gluten-free, swap out the udon noodles for brown rice noodles or your favourite veg noodle.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with GE Home equipment. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this website working to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.