Grilled Pear Halloumi Salad with Walnut Dressing
Put up sponsored by California Pear. See under for extra particulars.
There’s nothing fairly like the sensation of driving down interstate 5 from Sacramento and seeing all of the produce grown. It may be humbling to drive among the many numerous orchards and understand simply how a lot produce is produced on the valley flooring.
I’m excited to accomplice once more with California Pear for the harvest season. I’ll be highlighting just a few new pear recipes this season. About 60 multi-generational household farms will produce about 2 million 36-pound containers of Bartlett pears and 500,000 containers of quite a lot of California-grown pears, together with Seckel, Bosc, French Butter, and Comice.
The California Pear season is formally underneath means, making these pears the primary U.S. pears to hit the market. I do know pears are often considered a fall deal with however having them in July is fairly magical (like on this grilled pear salad!) If you head into your grocery retailer, you’ll want to search for the label ‘California Grown’ to select up a recent, domestically grown pear.
Grains: For an additional enhance, add a cup or so of cooked grains. Farro, quinoa, or sorghum. This salad is flexible sufficient that the majority grains work.
Bread: I’m a sucker for a salad with croutons and this one can be good with selfmade croutons. Only a heads-up although, add a bit extra dressing in order that it might soak into the bread.
Cheese: Swap out the halloumi for one more stable salad cheese like crumbled gorgonzola or feta. Should you’re utilizing feta, strive your hand at grilling it!
2 California Bartlett Pears
four ounces halloumi
three to four handfuls Arugula
three tablespoons walnuts
2 tablespoons minced Shallot
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
½ teaspoon zest
¼ cup olive oil
- Quarter the pears in half and with a paring knife, take away the seeds. Drain and rinse the halloumi then minimize into thick slices. Rub each the pear and halloumi with olive oil. Place on the grill and cook dinner till each are charred. Chop the halloumi into bite-sized items.
- Whereas the pears are grilling, make the dressing. Toast the walnuts by putting them in a dry skillet over medium warmth. Shake the pan and cook dinner the walnuts till aromatic; three to four minutes. Take away, let cool, then chop.
- Place the walnuts in a jar together with the elements for the dressing. Shake properly. Assemble the salad with the pears, halloumi, arugula, and dressing. Serve with crusty bread.
Suggestions and Tips: Bartletts work greatest for this salad as they are often heated with maintaining a little bit of crisp texture. The aim is to char the skin and maintain the pear slices on the thicker aspect.
Deplete leftover elements: arugula, pears, walnuts
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with California Pears. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this website operating to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.
- Previous Easy Lemon Blueberry Recipes – The Best Blog Recipes
- Next Portobello Fajita Burrito Bowls Recipe