How to Cook Spaghetti Squash Recipe
I get so many questions on how one can cook dinner spaghetti squash so I assumed I’d share my go-to technique for roasting it, a number of ideas, and a few my favourite spaghetti squash recipes.
First issues first: reduce it, scoop out the seeds and, roast it.
Subsequent, drizzle the insides evenly with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. I discover that including an excessive amount of oil and an excessive amount of salt at this stage makes the squash a bit watery, so a lightweight drizzle and a lightweight sprinkle will do.
Poke a number of holes within the pores and skin of the squash with a fork and place it reduce facet down on a baking sheet. Pop it in a pre-heated 400°F oven. Professional tip: if you happen to’re brief on time, roast the squash in a 425°F oven and cut back your cook dinner time by about 10 minutes.
A mistake I used to make was roasting my squash too lengthy. I used to roast it for an hour or longer, now I roast it for 30 to 40 minutes. I initially thought the squash wanted to be tremendous comfortable and fork tender to ensure that the strands to “spaghetti,” however over time I’ve discovered that I favor my strands to be extra al dente (and fewer mushy), and that the 1 hour mark was too lengthy. After all, the timing will totally rely upon the dimensions of your squash and the warmth of your specific oven. It might additionally differ from squash to squash, so chances are you’ll have to get a really feel for it.
As soon as it’s roasted and funky sufficient to the touch, use a fork to scrape the strands. I like to begin from the surface and work my method in, fluffing them up as I am going.
That’s it! Season it with extra salt and pepper and serve it as a easy veggie facet. Or incorporate it into your favourite spaghetti squash recipes. Listed below are two of mine (pictured under): Spaghetti Squash with Chickpeas and Kale, and Lemon Pesto Spaghetti Squash.
Easy methods to Cook dinner Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Slice the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and ribbing. Drizzle the within of the squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the spaghetti squash reduce facet down on the baking sheet and use a fork to poke holes. Roast for 30 to 40 minutes or till evenly browned on the surface, fork tender, however nonetheless a litte bit agency. The time will differ relying on the dimensions of your squash. I additionally discover that the timing can differ from squash to squash.
- Take away from the oven and flip the squash in order that it’s reduce facet up. When cool to the contact, use a fork to scrape and fluff the strands from the perimeters of the squash.
- Previous 5 Ingredient Oven Broiled Chipotle Chicken Wings with Salsa Negra
- Next Berry Upside Down Cake – The Best Blog Recipes