Meal Plan Day 1: Mango Black Bean Ginger Rice Bowls Recipe
Welcome to a different meal planning week! A couple of month in the past, I wrote a 5-part sequence that was all about my fundamental method to meal planning. This was the plan: I began the week with a set quantity of groceries and concepts for five meals, every meal using the components from the day earlier than. The “plan” was not set in stone, in order that my dinners could be considerably versatile if I bought a brand new concept mid-way by means of the week. If you happen to missed that sequence, take a look at publish 1, publish 2, publish three, publish four, and publish 5 🙂
I bought such a beautiful response to that sequence, so I believed, let’s do it once more!
I selected this explicit week as a result of it’s summer time(!) which signifies that we’ve been spending extra time outdoors, extra evenings strolling our neighborhood, and extra time consuming out. I like to eat out, however after awhile, I’m prepared to begin consuming in once more.
So right here’s the primary recipe for the week: these tremendous refreshing Mango Black Bean Ginger Rice bowls. These are mainly burrito bowls with asian-ish flavors.
If you happen to’re a fan of our cookbook, you’ll acknowledge the sauce/dressing right here – it’s a light-weight tamari-lime French dressing, just like the one which I poured over the Brussels Sprouts with Coconut Rice on web page 63. I’m loopy for this dressing as a result of it’s so easy however severely flavorful. It’s additionally very versatile as a result of it makes any rice bowl so scrumptious.
I made these bowls with mango, black beans, shredded cabbage, and some crunchy veggies – blanched snap peas, sliced cucumbers, and carrots. The attention-grabbing pops of taste come not solely from that dressing, however from the pickled ginger, sliced basil, and a combo of toasted peanuts and sesame seeds. (If you happen to’re nut free, skip the peanuts and simply go for the sesame seeds).
This bowl is all the pieces I need to eat in the summertime, it’s mild, crispy, crunchy, and herby with a light-weight sauce and an ideal pop of sweetness from the mango.
This week, I’m planning three recipes based mostly on these components – on the finish of the week, I’ll publish a recap together with a grocery record. Keep tuned Wednesday for the subsequent recipe!
Meal Plan Day 1: Mango Black Bean Ginger Rice Bowls
- 2 handfuls snap peas, strings eliminated
- 1 to 2 cups cooked arborio rice*
- 2 cups shredded inexperienced cabbage
- 1 small carrot, sliced into very skinny cash
- ½ english cucumber, thinly sliced into cash
- 1 small ripe ataulfo mango, diced
- ½ cup cooked black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger
- ¼ cup thinly sliced recent basil
- ¼ cup toasted peanuts, optionally available
- Sprinkle of sesame seeds, optionally available
- ¼ to ½ avocado, optionally available
- 2 tablespoons tamari, extra for serving
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon sriracha, extra for serving
- Make the dressing by whisking the tamari, vinegar, lime juice, garlic, cane sugar and sriracha in a small bowl.
- Deliver a small pot of salted water to a boil and place a bowl of ice water close by. Blanch the snap peas by inserting them within the boiling water for 1 ½ minutes, then scoop them into the ice water to cease the cooking course of. As soon as cooled, drain, pat dry and chop.
- Assemble the bowls with the rice, shredded cabbage, carrot, cucumber, mango, black beans, pickled ginger, and basil. Prime with toasted peanuts and sesame seeds, if utilizing. Drizzle bowls with half the dressing and serve the remainder on the aspect together with tamari and sriracha, if desired.
*relying on how a lot rice you want in your bowls – I like ½ cup in mine, my husband Jack prefers 1 cup in his.
- Previous Easy Layer Cakes – The Best Blog Recipes
- Next Favorite Pumpkin Dessert Recipes – The Best Blog Recipes