Meal Plan Day 2: Big Kale Salad with Creamy Kale Pesto Recipe
Hello, and welcome to my week of meal planning: Day 2!
In case you missed yesterday’s publish, right here’s what’s occurring: I began with one base meal – yesterday’s Imply Inexperienced Grain Bowls. For five days I’ll be making a brand new meal every day utilizing these base elements and elements. So that you’re mainly seeing our real-life dinner, everyday. These recipes are quite simple however that is how we eat in actual life – and I believed it could be enjoyable to share that!
One thing I like to do with leftovers is make them stretch! We had one leftover container filled with yesterday’s grain bowl which included quinoa, roasted veggies (brussels sprouts, cauliflower, parsnips and broccolini), sauerkraut, and pepitas. I massaged an enormous bunch of kale, tossed all of it collectively and doused it within the creamy kale pepita pesto sauce that I made the opposite day.
It’s as simple as that! Oh, besides I additionally roasted a few of the leftover chickpeas, till crisp, and tossed these in too:
Each of those meals (yesterday’s and at the moment’s) are tremendous versatile – swap in any roasted greens that you just like or be at liberty to vary up the protein if you happen to’re not feeling like chickpeas.
Keep tuned to see what I make tomorrow!
Report your meals in our fairly (new!) meal planner: The Love & Lemons Meal Report & Market Listing. It’ll additionally make an amazing Mom’s Day Present!
Large Inexperienced Kale Salad with Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained, rinsed, and dried
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1 bunch of kale, stems eliminated (save the stems, we’ll use them in a recipe developing)
- about 2 cups of Imply Inexperienced Grain Bowl leftovers
- beneficiant scoops of Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper, to style
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and roast for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown and flippantly crisp. Season with salt and pepper as they arrive out of the oven.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite-sized items. Add a scoop of the pesto sauce and use your arms to therapeutic massage the leaves till they’re smooth and wilted. The oils from the sauce will assist break down the coarse leaves.
- Combine the grain bowl leftovers into the kale salad, together with a number of extra scoops of the pesto sauce. Add the chickpeas and serve with extra sauce, as desired