Meal Plan Day 2: Mango Cucumber Nori Wraps Recipe
Meal #2 this week: Nori wraps!
If you happen to missed Monday’s put up, I made these Mango Black Bean Ginger Rice Bowls as a part of this week’s three meal sequence exhibiting how elements from one meal can work into the following, after which once more into yet another. I did the same 5 half plan a number of months in the past, and lots of of you wrote to inform me how useful it was… so right here we’re once more! On the finish of the week, I’ll recap all of it with a full grocery checklist.
For this recipe, I began with these elements that I had available from Monday’s mango bowls:
– Leftover rice
– half of of a big cucumber
– an additional mango
– half of an avocado
– pickled ginger and sesame seeds
I mainly wrapped all of that up into nori squares and made some spicy mayo to go together with it. There are some *very* non-compulsory elements right here: strips of baked tofu (for protein) and a dab of umeboshi paste (salty pickled plum) that I at all times have available to get pleasure from with my rice.
It is a enjoyable sushi-like dinner whenever you don’t really feel like making precise sushi rolls (should you do wish to make sushi rolls, try this put up). For these wraps, simply prep the entire elements and assemble every wrap as you’re able to eat it in order that the nori stays crisp.
These wraps are positively extra of a lightweight dinner (or a pleasant lunch), however it’s summer time and typically we’re solely craving a lightweight dinner. You possibly can definitely make extra rice and add different toppings into the combo in case you have a bigger urge for food.
Keep tuned for the ultimate recipe within the sequence on Friday!
Meal Plan Day 2: Cucumber Mango Nori Wraps
- 2 to three nori sheets, use scissors to chop into quarters
- 2 cups cooked quick grain white rice
- splash of rice vinegar
- pinch of cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- ½ English cucumber, sliced into strips
- 1 ripe ataulfo mango, sliced into strips
- ½ avocado, sliced into strips
- pickled ginger
- sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- ⅓ cup mayo
- 2 teaspoons sriracha
- a number of dabs of umeboshi paste
- three ounces sliced baked tofu (so as to add protein to this meal)
- basil leaves
- a number of microgreens
- Combine the cooked rice with a small splash of rice vinegar, a pinch of sugar, and a tiny drizzle of tamari. Tip: should you’re utilizing leftover rice, revive it by folding in a drizzle of heat water to assist make it sticky once more.
- In a really small bowl, combine remaining tamari (simply shy of two tablespoons) with the lime juice and put aside to make use of as a dipping sauce.
- Make the spicy mayo by mixing collectively the mayonnaise and sriracha.
- Assemble the wraps with a chunk of nori, a scoop of rice, a small dab of umeboshi paste, if utilizing, and desired toppings. High with spicy mayo and serve with the dipping sauce.