Meal Plan Day 3: Quinoa & Kale Quesadillas Recipe
Aaaand meal planning week continues on Day three with these Quinoa Kale Quesadillas. Simply to recap, I’m making an attempt one thing new this week the place I’m posting straightforward real-life meals within the order that we truly eat them. What does this imply? I went to the grocery retailer originally of the week, I prepped just a few elements whereas making dinner on day 1, and I’ve been utilizing these elements and leftovers from the prior meal to make a distinct meal every day. One meal leads into the following, which makes cook dinner/prep time a breeze. These meals aren’t culinary rocket science, however considering like this helps me keep sane (and fed) each day – possibly it’ll assist a few of you too!
On day 1: I began with these Imply Inexperienced Grain Bowls. Today concerned probably the most prep – I roasted veggies, made quinoa and assembled the grain bowls.
On day 2: I took a small little bit of leftovers from the grain bowls, massaged a bunch of kale, and made these leftovers stretch right into a Massive Inexperienced Kale Salad.
For day three (in the present day!): Beginning with a number of the leftovers from day 2’s kale salad, I flippantly wilted the kale in a skillet with some quinoa (left over from day 1) and stuffed it between flour tortillas with cheese to make healthier-than-normal quesadillas. When you’re vegan, skip the cheese and unfold a layer of refried beans onto the tortilla to behave because the glue.
Serve these with numerous tomatillo salsa for dipping. Not pictured: I prefer to mash a little bit avocado with lime juice and a pinch of salt and slather that on my completed quesadillas.
I believe these look SO cute as particular person servings in these Falcon Enamelware Pie Dishes. Whereas the dishes received me in a picnic kind of temper, it was snowing the evening we ate these, so I found that additionally they make nice TV trays.
Quinoa & Kale Quesadillas
- 2 cups loose-packed leftover Massive Inexperienced Kale Salad
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- ¼ cup further cooked quinoa
- four giant flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese* (see vegan choice)
- ½ cup store-bought tomatillo salsa
- Mashed avocado (to slather onto completed quesadillas)
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Sliced serrano or jalapeño peppers, or sizzling sauce
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Warmth a medium skillet to medium-low and brush with olive oil. Add the leftover kale salad, the extra cooked quinoa and toss, flippantly heating, simply till the kale wilts, about 2 minutes. Take away from the warmth and stir in a scoop of salsa. Season to style.
- Assemble the tortillas with the shredded cheese and the kale/quinoa combination. Wipe out the pan, and warmth it to medium, with a drizzle of olive oil. Fold every crammed tortilla in half and place every into the pan (you’ll have to work in batches). Warmth the quesadillas about 2 minutes per facet or till properly charred. I prefer to put a free cowl on in order that the steam helps the cheese soften. Repeat with all quesadillas. Serve with the remaining salsa, the avocado, lime wedges, peppers or sizzling sauce, and cilantro, as desired.
*Make these vegan by slathering the tortillas with a layer of refried beans as an alternative (to behave because the glue) as an alternative of the cheese.