Meal Plan Day 4: Broccolini & Brussels Sprout Orecchiette Recipe
Completely satisfied Saturday and welcome to Day four of my meal plan week! In case you haven’t been following, listed below are Day 1, Day 2, and Day three. As soon as once more, I’m making an attempt one thing new this week the place I’m posting straightforward real-life meals the place one meal leads into the subsequent, making prepare dinner/prep time a breeze. That is the best way I like to prepare dinner – it’s enjoyable, it’s versatile, and I hope this helps encourage your personal meal planning. And talking of meal planning, right here’s a shameless plug for our new meal journal, The Love & Lemons Meal File & Market Checklist which is a helpful software that can assist you arrange your meals.
Now that we’re later within the week… pasta!! Why? As a result of pasta is enjoyable and it’s the proper car to make use of up ins and outs of leftover greens. I additionally saved a visit to the shop as a result of I all the time have pasta within the pantry. BUT a humble, back-of-the-pantry pasta turns into much less unusual with an superior inexperienced sauce – the creamy kale pepita pesto that I had readily available from the start of the week! A flowery sauce actually makes any meal extra enjoyable.
So right here’s what I had at this level within the week that went into this pasta:
1. Superior inexperienced sauce (a.okay.a. the star)
2. A number of large handfuls of Brussels sprouts
three. Leftover kale stems from the kale salad that I made the opposite night time
four. A half bunch of broccolini
5. A number of leftover chickpeas which helps bulk this up
6. In my pantry: orecchiette pasta (which I selected as a result of it mimics the form of the sprouts)
7. In my fridge: a couple of shavings of pecorino cheese (completely non-obligatory)
In order that’s it! One other dinner, made in lower than 20 minutes. After all, that is tremendous versatile primarily based on the greens you might need readily available. It may be made vegan by skipping the little bit of cheese. It may be made gluten free should you use gluten free pasta.
Verify again tomorrow for the LAST meal on this meal planning (er… backwards meal planning) collection 🙂
Meal Plan Day four: Broccoli & Brussels Sprout Orecchiette
- 6 ounces orecchiette pasta
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 1½ cups halved Brussels sprouts
- ½ cup chopped kale stems
- Half bunch of broccolini, florets chopped, stems finely chopped
- Splash of white wine or vegetable broth
- ½ cup cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto (from the grain bowl recipe)
- Shavings of pecorino cheese, non-obligatory
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Convey a big pot of salted water to a boil and put together the pasta in accordance with the bundle instructions, or till al dente. Drain the pasta and toss it with a drizzle of olive oil to maintain it from sticking collectively. Return the empty pot to the range and let it cool barely.
- Coat the underside of the pasta pot with a beneficiant drizzle of olive oil and warmth to medium warmth. Add the Brussels sprouts, kale stems, broccolini stems, and a pinch of salt and prepare dinner till practically tender, stirring sometimes, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccolini florets and prepare dinner till the greens are all tender, three to five minutes extra. Add a splash of wine and stir to loosen any bits that is perhaps sticking to the underside of the pot. Prepare dinner for 30 seconds, then scale back the warmth to low. Stir within the pasta and the chickpeas and prepare dinner stirring gently, till simply heated by means of. Season with extra salt and pepper, to style.
- Switch to plates and serve with beneficiant dollops of the pepita pesto and shavings of pecorino cheese, if desired.