Meal Plan Day 5: Curried Cauliflower Soup Recipe
As we speak is the final day of my 5-part meal plan and it’s an excellent one! I like this soup! It’s so darn easy to make and it’s so scrumptious with the curry spices. There’s a bit of kick from the cayenne and a few brightness from the lemon. The ingredient record is brief so that is positively a recipe that’s certain for the common meal rotation… and it happened so unexpectedly.
See, I began the this meal plan sequence final week with a set quantity of groceries and concepts for five meals, every meal utilizing the substances from the day earlier than. For this fifth meal, I used to be going to make a giant frittata that will deplete any bits of random veggies I had left. A frittata is a superb use-it-all-up kitchen sink type of meal… and a pure last-day recipe technique.
That was a pleasant idea in principle, till I appeared within the fridge and noticed… not a lot. I used just about all of my remaining inexperienced veggies for Day four’s pasta, however there behind the fridge was a giant hunk of forgotten cauliflower… and the final little bit of that yummy kale pepita pesto sauce. At first, I considered making my go-to roasted cauliflower soup, however then I bought actually excited to vary issues up and make this creamy curried soup as an alternative.
Not solely is that this soup a brand new favourite, however I get no higher pleasure than when a meal thought comes up, seemingly out of the blue, which makes use of the “nothing” in my fridge and STILL doesn’t require one other journey to the shop (bonus: the naan was in my freezer!). It’s recipes like this that make me excited to prepare dinner with much less extra typically 🙂
I simply love the golden shade of the soup – it’s so gentle and but so flavorful!
I hope you loved these 5 recipes! Subsequent time, I”ll publish an entire plan with a grocery record to be able to simply prepare dinner from one meal to the subsequent. Till then – one other shameless plug for our new meal journal that simply got here out final week!: The Love & Lemons Meal Document & Market Checklist:
Meal Plan Day 5: Curried Cauliflower Soup
- ½ small yellow onion, sliced in half
- 1 garlic clove, unpeeled
- 1 small or ½ giant cauliflower, florets and core, roughly chopped (1 pound)
- 1½ cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, extra for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon recent lemon juice
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon curry powder
- pinch of cayenne pepper, extra if desired
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Wrap the 2 onion wedges and the garlic clove in foil with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper. Roast till tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Take away from the oven, put aside (nonetheless wrapped within the foil), for five minutes in order that the onion continues to steam and soften.
- In a big pot of salted boiling water, prepare dinner the cauliflower florets and core items for eight to 10 minutes, or till fork-tender. Scoop the cauliflower out of the water and right into a blender. Add the roasted onion and (peeled) garlic, the vegetable broth, olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and some beneficiant pinches of salt and pepper. Mix till easy. Style and modify seasonings, including extra salt and pepper, as desired. Add extra lemon if you need the flavors to be brighter, extra curry powder if you need a stronger curry taste, and extra cayenne if you need extra of a kick!
- Scoop into bowls and serve with swirls of the Creamy Kale Pepita Pesto.* Prime with the microgreens and crimson pepper flakes, if desired. Serve with naan bread.
*Be aware: In case your leftover pesto has thickened within the fridge, stir in a bit of olive oil to loosen it up.