Mushroom-Leek and Sheep’s Milk Cheese Strudel
This savory strudel marries the complete taste of sheep’s cheese from the Pyrenees with sauteed mushrooms and leeks.
By Joanna Pruess
See different associated recipes in Past Mac and Cheese: Utilizing Finer Cheeses With out Breaking the Financial institution.
Yield: Serves Four to six
Cooking time: 35 minutes, plus baking and standing time
Shelf life: three days unbaked and refrigerated; 1 day baked
½ pound every child bella and white mushrooms, wiped and stems eliminated
2 tablespoons aromatic olive oil
2 ounces thinly sliced white and pale inexperienced components of a leek (1 massive or 2 medium)
Four ounces (1 cup) freshly grated sheep’s milk cheese, comparable to Brébis from the French Pyrenees
1 tablespoon finely chopped recent marjoram leaves
1 teaspoon chopped recent thyme leaves
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt, if wanted
freshly floor black pepper
5 tablespoons melted butter
three sheets phyllo dough, thawed
¼ cup recent breadcrumbs
1. Within the bowl of a meals processor, mix the infant bella and white mushrooms and pulse till pretty finely chopped. Put aside.
2. In a big skillet over medium, warmth the olive oil. Add the leek and saute till limp and golden, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and cook dinner till they’ve given up their liquid, three to Four minutes, stirring typically. Scrape right into a medium bowl and put aside till cooled, 12 to 15 minutes.
three. In the meantime, warmth the oven to 375 F.
Four. As soon as the mushroom combination is cool, stir within the cheese, marjoram, thyme and mustard. Add the salt, if wanted, and freshly floor black pepper to style.
5. Brush a jellyroll pan with slightly butter. On a clear towel, lay one sheet of phyllo horizontally, brush with butter and sprinkle on about 2 tablespoons of the crumbs; repeat with the second sheet. Lay the third sheet on the others however don’t brush with butter. Spoon the mushroom combination in a thick strip alongside one lengthy fringe of the phyllo, leaving a ½-inch border on the shorter sides. Roll the phyllo up tightly, turning within the sides, and place it seam-side down within the pan. Brush with the remaining butter and bake till golden brown and crisp, about 30 minutes. Take away and let stand for at the least 5 minutes earlier than reducing into slices with a serrated knife.
NUTRITIONAL DATA (per serving): Energy: 200; Ldl cholesterol: 15 mg; Sodium: 240 mg; Fats: 12 g; Dietary Fiber: 1 g
Ingredient Value Sheets
|½ pound every child bella and white mushrooms, wiped and stems eliminated||$2.69-Four.49|
|2 tablespoons aromatic olive oil||$.18-.30|
|2 ounces thinly sliced white and pale inexperienced components of a leek (1 massive or 2 medium)||$.70-1.16|
|Four ounces (1 cup) freshly grated sheep’s milk cheese, comparable to Brébis from the French Pyrenees||$5.25-Eight.75|
|1 tablespoon finely chopped recent marjoram leaves||$.07-.12|
|1 teaspoon chopped recent thyme leaves||$.05-.08|
|1 teaspoon Dijon mustard||$.06-.10|
|5 tablespoons melted butter||$.25-.42|
|three sheets phyllo dough, thawed||$.53-.88|
|¼ cup recent breadcrumbs||$.08-.14|
- Previous Braised Moroccan Lamb Shanks
- Next Creamy Lime-Coconut Chia Pudding with Tropical Fruit Salad