One-Pot Mexican Shrimp with Orzo and Zucchini
This simple shrimp, zucchini, and orzo pasta recipe straddles the road between a one-pot pasta a 30-minute meal dinner. However with a wholesome dose of zucchini and a bit of warmth from Mexican flavors, it ought to really fall into the wonder-pot class, as a result of it’s all of the wholesome taste bites multi functional.
When readers share their largest problem with cooking and consuming extra healthily, 98% of them have precisely the identical downside. (btw, e mail me yours!)
It isn’t lack of need.
It isn’t lack of recipe concepts or inspiration.
And it isn’t a scarcity of ability.
The primary problem is all the time the identical: Discovering the time to buy, prep, and prepare dinner selfmade meals with actual good actual meals.
That’s why having a stocked pantry, together with a few long-lasting contemporary components plus a couple of freezer staples is my approach to efficiently problem that problem.
What’s the Important Ingredient for a Weeknight Dinner In Simply 30 Minutes?
Having a couple of shortcuts in hand is the important thing to getting dinner on quick, and there’s no higher ingredient than having a well provisioned pantry and freezer. That doesn’t imply it is advisable have an awesome number of oddball merchandise. However protecting inventory of the fundamentals works wonders each time.
Three quarters of this recipe are components you possibly can simply maintain on the prepared as a result of they’re both dried/canned/frozen or are slow-spoilers which might be merely all the time in rotation:
- frozen shrimp: save much more time by utilizing frozen shrimp which might be already shelled and deveined. To thaw the shrimp, merely place in a bowl and run warm-ish, room temperature water over them for a couple of minutes.
- hen broth: I maintain my selfmade inventory within the freezer but additionally have a number of packing containers readily available within the pantry too.
- dried orzo pasta: some suppose it’s a rice, nevertheless it’s really a pasta that I’ve used for risotto too.
- canned tomatoes with inexperienced chiles: I used the RO*TEL model with chipotle peppers for much more kick.
- floor cinnamon: it provides an earthy taste you’re going to like.
- garlic: increasingly I’m within the behavior of urgent my garlic as an alternative of mincing and not too long ago discovered THE BEST garlic press to come back near my grandma’s historic one which works magic. And it’s solely $four!!!
- salt and pepper: I all the time use kosher salt and all the time grind my pepper contemporary (I take advantage of my espresso grinder only for this!)
- butter: salted or unsalted it doesn’t matter as long as it’s good high quality
- oil: I take advantage of canola oil however you would use no matter you might have readily available
That leaves the one components you’ll want to buy contemporary are:
- zucchini (which is definitely fairly gradual to spoil)
- limes (this might technically go in my checklist above as a result of they final so lengthy)
- shallots (one other tremendous gradual spoiler)
- cilantro (substitute with parsley for those who’re one who isn’t a fan)
In regards to the Recipe: Right here’s the Video for The best way to Make It
When you make this recipe, please let me know! Bookmark this recipe and go away a remark beneath, or take a photograph and tag me on Instagram with #foodiecrusheats.
One-Pot Mexican Shrimp with Orzo and Zucchini
- 1 pound medium shrimp which have been shelled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly floor black pepper
- four cloves garlic, pressed or minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ⅓ cup minced shallots
- 1 ⅓ cup dry orzo pasta
- 2 cups hen broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes with inexperienced chilies and chipotle peppers (I used RO*TEL)
- ½ teaspoon floor cinnamon
- Juice of two limes
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups sliced zucchini
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a big bowl, toss the shrimp with the salt and pepper and 1 clove of pressed garlic and put aside.
- In a big, high-sided skillet over medium excessive warmth, soften the butter with the canola oil. Add the minced shallots and garlic, and prepare dinner for 30 seconds or till aromatic, stirring usually so the garlic does not burn. Add the dried orzo pasta and proceed to prepare dinner and stir, till the orzo is golden and smells nutty. Add the hen broth, water, tomatoes with inexperienced chiles, cinnamon, lime juice and cilantro, and prepare dinner till the orzo is tender to the chew, about 5-Eight minutes. Add the zucchini and prepare dinner for 2-Three minutes, then prime with the shrimp.
- Switch the skillet to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or till the shrimp is finished and the orzo is tender.
- Sprinkle with extra cilantro and one other squeeze of lime for those who like and serve!
Extra One Pot Dinners to Save Your Week
As all the time, thanks for studying and supporting corporations I accomplice with, which permits me to create extra distinctive content material and recipes for you. All opinions are all the time my very own.
Thanks for studying and subscribe to FoodieCrush to have every publish delivered straight to your e-mail field.
Study extra about my printed day-planner Nourished Planner right here, and join free, emailed weekly meal plans.
Observe me on Instagram, Fb, Pinterest and Twitter for extra FoodieCrush inspiration.
Subscribe and have each FoodieCrush publish delivered straight to your e-mail inbox
(Visited 15,150 occasions, 45 visits as we speak)