Roasted Delicata Squash with Honey Butter and Pistachios
This recipe is in partnership with Nugget Markets. See under for extra particulars.
Fixed inspiration is considered one of my favourite issues about meals. It takes one chunk to take you down a street you won’t have explored earlier than. This is likely one of the causes I’m all the time sport to attempt one thing. You by no means know what is going to ignite your subsequent love.
These are sturdy phrases for a recipe about squash however I imply it. On a harvest in October, a restaurant catered lunch within the grove. The situation was ace but it surely was the primary dish they introduced out that put it excessive. Roasted delicata squash smothered with a whipped butter. It was magical and every thing I needed in a single chunk. This recipe is a nod to that dish.
This recipe is the right companion in your vacation desk. It’s minimal on substances however the total taste has a big effect. In fact, you don’t have to attend on your vacation meal to get pleasure from this dish- I’ve fortunately eaten this for dinner on a couple of events!
Roasted Delicata Squash
Of all of the winter squash, I lean in direction of utilizing delicata most of the time. It’s a flexible little squash that requires no peeling and tends to be a bit extra fast cooking in comparison with different varieties. Delicata works effectively as a aspect, like on this recipe however I find it irresistible in tacos, on prime of pizza, and stuffed.
Pistachios should not often my go-to nut however this aspect dish was impressed by a current meal I had that featured one thing comparable with delicata/butter/pistachios. I liked how the pistachio taste melded with the roasted delicata squash.
I do know pistachios are a bit on the costly aspect, particularly shelled. This roasted squash would additionally work effectively with toasted pecans or walnuts. You can additionally swap out the pistachios for pumpkin seeds. This may preserve the gorgeous inexperienced pop of shade.
Crushed Pink Pepper
It’s in all probability fairly apparent if you happen to have a look at my recipes however I’m obsessive about including crushed crimson pepper to issues. I really like a bit of warmth to my meals and this honey delicata squash isn’t any completely different. Nevertheless, you don’t essentially want it. You can additionally add a sprinkle of aleppo pepper (additionally borrowed from the aforementioned aspect dish I had).
Nugget Markets Contemporary to Market honey
Chances are you’ll do not forget that a couple of months again I took a visit out to the honey farm the place Nugget Markets sources their honey. After that, I stocked up on the honey and have been utilizing it on every thing from crepes, in dressing, and in dishes like this roasted delicata squash!
I’m excited to associate with Nugget Markets to deliver you this straightforward vacation aspect dish. I’ve a slight obsession with Nugget Markets. It’s like all my favourite grocery shops got here collectively below one roof. I can pick-up issues from bulk, seize some natural produce, and discover all of the cheeses I’d ever want.
2 medium delicata squash
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/four teaspoon sea salt
three tablespoons butter
¼ cup pistachios
2 tablespoons honey
1/four teaspoon crushed crimson pepper
¼ teaspoons salt
- Warmth your oven to 425˚F. Rinse the squash and minimize the squash into ¼” thick slices. Utilizing a cookie cutter or a paring knife, take away the seeds from every squash circle. Place on a sheet tray and toss with the olive oil and salt. Unfold right into a single layer and roast, turning as soon as, till tender and browning, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Whereas the squash is roasting, soften the butter in a small pan and add the pistachios. Cooking for 1 minute then add the honey, crushed crimson pepper, and salt. Swirl the pan a couple of occasions, take away from warmth, and let relaxation till the squash is completed.
- When the squash is completed, switch to a bowl and toss with the melted butter combination. Serve with extra pistachios sprinkled on prime if desired.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Nugget Markets. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me preserve this website working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.
- Previous Not Quite Daube Provençal: Red Wine Braised Short Rib French-ish Beef Stew
- Next Carrot & Roasted Red Pepper Soup Recipe