Roasted Vegetable Lasagna Recipe – Love and Lemons
If there’s one dish that I make most frequently for household and associates, it’s vegetable lasagna. It’s most likely the primary huge dinner that I ever discovered to make. Even approach again in school, once I would make a meal for a bunch, lasagna can be the primary occasion. These days, I find it irresistible as a Sunday Supper as a result of I can put that day’s farmers market haul to good use. Not solely is it simple, foolproof, and enjoyable to make, however who doesn’t like to share tales on the desk round pink sauce and pasta?! So why the heck did it take me this lengthy to get an important go-to vegetable lasagna on this website? I’m unsure, however right here it’s and we’re obsessive about it and all of it’s roasted vegetable-y, saucy, goodness.
In fact, this model is far improved from my school days. For starters, I hadn’t but found my love of leeks or fennel, and I didn’t recognize how way more flavorful lasagna can be with roasted, caramelized, greens. (Pictured: creamy tofu-basil ricotta – it’s so yummy that nobody will know that they’re consuming tofu – promise!)
We’re partnering with Bertolli® on this put up, as a result of – the key’s out – I by no means make my very own tomato sauce when making lasagna! There’s no time for that, particularly once I’m having dinner friends :). To avoid wasting a sauce-making step on this recipe, I used Bertolli® Natural Hearth Roasted Garlic Marinara on this recipe and it labored out completely. It’s natural and non-GMO, plus it has a scrumptious mix of roasted garlic, herbs, spices, and onion, which fits so effectively with the roasted leeks and pink onion on this recipe.
The beauty of roasting greens is that they prepare dinner down and far of the water will get launched, which implies that a LOT of greens can match into this lasagna. I began with over 5 cups of chopped greens, and sprinkled in some chopped kale for good measure.
So saucy! ❤️
Prime all of it with cheese, bake, (let it sit for no less than 20 minutes to set) and serve this nice Sunday Supper (on any day of the week) to your family and friends!
For extra saucy Sunday Supper concepts, try the recipes right here,
Roasted Vegetable Lasagna
- 1 massive leek, halved, white and lightweight inexperienced elements coarsely chopped and rinsed effectively
- ½ medium pink onion, chopped into ½-inch items
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped into ½-inch items
- 2 carrots, slice into skinny rounds
- eight ounces cremini mushrooms, stems trimmed, sliced in half
- 1 zucchini, sliced into ¼-inch thick half moons
- 12 cherry tomatoes (left entire)
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 23-ounces additional agency tofu, drained and patted dry
- ¼ cup dietary yeast
- juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon pink pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly floor black pepper, to style
- ½ cup loose-packed recent basil
- Roast the greens: Preheat the oven to 425°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the greens on the baking sheet and toss with a drizzle of olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes or till golden brown and smooth. Take away the greens from the oven and scale back the oven warmth to 375°F.
- Make the tofu ricotta: Break the tofu aside and place it in a meals processor together with the dietary yeast, lemon juice and zest, olive oil, garlic, oregano, pink pepper flakes, salt, and pepper and course of till creamy. Add the basil and pulse till included.
- In a big pot of salted boiling water, put together the noodles based on the bundle instructions, cooking till al dente.
- Assemble the lasagna: Drizzle the underside of an 8×12 or 9×13 pan with olive oil. Unfold 1 cup of the marinara sauce into the underside of the baking dish and layer with four lasagna noodles. Unfold with half of the tofu-ricotta combination, half of the roasted greens, half of the chopped kale, and ⅔ cup of sauce. Add the following layer of four noodles and high with the remaining tofu-ricotta, the remaining roasted greens, remaining kale, and ⅔ cup of sauce. Prime with the final layer of noodles, the remaining sauce, and the shredded cheese. Drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake at 375° for 25 to 30 minutes or till browned and bubbly. Verify half approach by way of the cooking time and if the cheese is changing into too browned, cowl it loosely with foil. Take away the lasagna from the oven and let it sit for 20 minutes earlier than slicing. Garnish with sliced basil.
This put up is in partnership with Bertolli®, thanks for supporting the sponsors that preserve us cooking!
- Previous Sfenj: Moroccan Snacking Doughnut Recipe
- Next Breakfast Tostadas from The Minimalist Kitchen