Romesco Potato Arugula Salad with Goat Cheese
Publish sponsored by CA Grown. See under for extra particulars.
Relating to summer time salads, I’m continuously pushing to discover completely different flavors and textures. This arugula salad occurs to characteristic a favourite mixture of mine: a romesco potato combine. The smoky sauce brings the get together to this salad, each as a coating for the potatoes but additionally as a little bit of dressing.
My favourite is to toss the salad collectively whereas the potatoes are barely heat. The nice and cozy potatoes assist to melt the goat cheese, creating a tremendous coating for the arugula. After all, if heat salads aren’t your factor, you possibly can at all times combine the potatoes in when cool.
Better of all, this salad showcases so most of the objects I really like from native farms: arugula (Jayleaf), potatoes (River Canine Farms– one among my favorites), walnuts (Full Stomach– additionally wonderful), goat cheese (Laura Chenel’s), and olive oil (California Olive Ranch). What higher option to showcase CA Grown.
Vegan: Drop the goat cheese (it’s fairly easy!) Should you do that, you would possibly wish to add a little bit of lemon French dressing to the combination because the goat cheese would goat the salad a bit.
Grains: Should you’re fortunate to seek out some California-grown grains, snap them up and add them to this salad. Curious who’s rising grains? You’ll be able to take a look at the California Grain Marketing campaign.
Nuts: Swap out the walnuts for almonds and/or pistachios (pistachios are fun- the flavour stands out a bit greater than the walnuts or almonds). I’ve but to fulfill a romesco potato mixture I didn’t like!
½ pound fingerling potatoes
1 tablespoon olive oil
Pinch of Salt
half cup walnuts
1 giant roasted crimson pepper
1 garlic clove
1/four cup tomato puree
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
half teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/four cup olive oil
Salt and Pepper
three to four handfuls arugula
1 ounce goat cheese
¼ up toasted walnuts
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil, if wanted
Salt, to style
- Warmth your oven to 400˚F. Slice the fingerling potatoes in half, lengthwise. Toss with the olive oil and salt. Place on a sheet tray lined with parchment and prepare in order that the lower facet is down. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Whereas the potatoes are roasting, make the romesco sauce. Mix all of the components in a blender and pulse till properly mixed.
- As soon as the potatoes have roasted for 20 minutes, take away from the oven and toss with about ⅓ cup of the romesco sauce. The potatoes needs to be well-coated. Return the potatoes to the oven and roast for one more 10 to 15 minutes. Potatoes needs to be tender. Take away from the oven and let cool barely.
- Assemble the salad with the arugula, crumbled goat cheese, roasted potatoes, toasted walnuts, squeeze of recent lemon juice, olive oil, and salt if wanted.
Suggestions + Tips: Save leftover romesco to make use of in one other meal. It’s nice on toast, with eggs, in pasta, or grilled cheese.
Expend leftover components: walnuts, arugula, potatoes
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with CA Grown. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this web site working to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.
- Previous Secret Ingredient Fry Sauce | The Best Blog Recipes
- Next Best BBQ/Grilling Recipes – The Best Blog Recipes