Semolina Turmeric Muffins with Apricots and Pistachios
These vibrant yellow semolina cupcakes had been impressed by many conventional muffins served all through the Center East. Whereas studded with chopped apricots and pistachios, they aren’t overly candy and are a pleasant morning or afternoon providing with a cup of espresso or tea. The batter contains coconut milk, so they’re dairy free. (It’s also possible to use common milk.) The coconut taste dissipates in cooking until you add a number of drops of coconut extract to the batter.
See different associated recipes in Turmeric—A Golden Alternative
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep time (together with baking): about 45 minutes
Shelf life: no less than three days
12 paper muffin liners
10 ounces semolina flour
2 ½ ounces all-purpose flour, plus a little bit to sprinkle on apricots and pistachios
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 ½ teaspoons floor turmeric
1 teaspoon floor star anise
¼ teaspoon salt
Grated zest of 1 orange, 1 tablespoon juice reserved for glaze
eight ounces coconut milk, or common milk
7 ounces granulated sugar
5 ounces vegetable oil
1 ½ ounces finely chopped apricots
1 ½ ounces chopped pistachios, plus a number of for garnish, if desired
three ounces apricot preserves
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
- In a bowl, stir collectively the semolina and all-purpose flours, baking powder, turmeric, star anise, salt, and orange zest collectively.
- Utilizing a handheld mixer, in a big bowl, stir the sugar into the milk to dissolve. Add the dry components and oil and beat on medium for five minutes.
- Toss the apricots and pistachios with a little bit flour to coat, then gently fold into the batter. Fill the muffin cups and bake till a picket toothpick inserted within the middle comes out clear, about 25 minutes. Take away and let cool whereas getting ready the glaze.
- In a small saucepan, soften the apricot preserves over medium warmth. Pressure to take away the fruit solids, stir in 1 tablespoon of the reserved orange juice, and funky. Brush over the cupcakes, drizzle a pinch of chopped pistachios within the middle, and serve.
- Previous Mocha-Chocolate Chip Mini Angel Food Cakes with Salted Caramel Glaze
- Next Prepared Food Focus: New Fruity, Savory, and Spicy Ketchups—No Tomatoes Added