Shiitake “Bacon” & Egg Breakfast Tacos Recipe
Welcome to half 2 of Meal Prep Breakfast Taco week! In case you don’t know what I’m speaking about, go take a look at Monday’s submit and examine how we’re prepping as soon as to make three totally different breakfast tacos all through the week. In case you’re not a tacos-for-breakfast particular person, you may make these for lunch or dinner simply the identical. Me? I am going to mattress dreaming of tortillas…
So taco #2 is… Shiitake Bacon & Egg Tacos!
Shiitake “Bacon” is that this magical factor the place you toss sliced shiitake mushrooms with olive oil and tamari, you then bake them till they’re shriveled and crisp across the edges. It has a splendidly deep umami savory taste that’s not precisely bacon, however deliciously bacon-esque, and OMG it’s perfection in breakfast tacos! These are so yummy with the recent cherry tomato pico and, after all, sliced avocado.
Right here’s what I prepped upfront:
– Shiitake Bacon – retailer it within the fridge; in case you like, you may heat it within the oven earlier than serving.
– Cherry Tomato Pico
Right here’s what I made recent:
– scrambled the eggs
– sliced avocado
– a couple of microgreens and a few sliced serrano (all elective)
Right here’s a downloadable PDF grocery listing for the entire week of three recipes. Keep tuned for taco #three on Friday!
Shiitake “Bacon” & Egg Breakfast Tacos
- eight ounces shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- ¼ cup finely diced pink onion
- ¼ cup diced cilantro
- 2 tablespoons recent lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ jalapeño, stemmed and diced
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- three massive eggs
- Additional-virgin olive oil, for brushing
- four tortillas, charred or warmed
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Microgreens, elective
- Sliced serrano peppers, elective
- Lime wedges, if desired, for serving
- Make the Shiitake Bacon: Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a big baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss the shiitake mushrooms with the olive oil and tamari and toss to coat. Unfold in an excellent layer on the baking sheet. Roast 30 to 40 minutes or till darkish brown and evenly crisp across the edges. Put aside. (In case you made your shiitake bacon upfront, heat it within the oven for a couple of minutes, if desired.)
- Make the Cherry Tomato Pico: In a small bowl, mix the tomatoes, onion, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, jalapeno and salt. Put aside.
- When able to serve, brush a medium nonstick stick skillet evenly with olive oil and convey to medium warmth. Add the eggs, allow them to prepare dinner for a couple of seconds, after which stir and scramble till the eggs till simply set.
- Assemble the tacos with the eggs, avocado slices, shiitake bacon, scoops of the cherry tomato pico. Prime with the microgreens and sliced serranos and serve with lime wedges, if desired.
For a vegan possibility: I’d make the tacos with a scoop of refried black beans, (spiced with a little bit chili powder) instead of the eggs.
In case you make this, allow us to see! Tag your photograph with #loveandlemons on Instagram.
- Previous Yoga for Everybody w/ Amber Karnes
- Next Easy One-Pot Hatch Chile Mac and Cheese: The Best Green Chile Stove-top Mac