Sourdough Sandwich with Mushroom, Kale and Lentils
Greater than only a sandwich, that is higher described as a heat and wintery mushroom and kale salad on prime of a slice of freshly baked sourdough bread and it’s each ounce as heavenly because it sounds. However earlier than we speak extra, let’s watch a film. We now have been taking an involuntary break from making our youtube movies as we’ve been ending up our subsequent ebook, however we’re again with a bunch of recent movies now. We’re beginning off with this sandwich this week and have a number of extra within the upcoming weeks.
For those who’ve been following my tales on instagram, you may need seen that we’ve been selecting up a brand new (however previous) love for baking rye sourdough bread. It’s been years since we baked bread extra usually and I bear in mind giving up the final time after having killed our third starter. Apparently (fortunately), we’re higher at protecting youngsters alive than sourdough starters and crops.
Anyway, I felt a streak of boldness and received again on it once more a number of weeks again. As a substitute of creating our personal starter, we requested if we might purchase a rye starter from a sourdough bakery near us. They handed us a paper cup with a wobbly and bubbly starter and we went residence and began baking. It’s been alive for a month now and every time we aren’t baking, we merely let it sleep within the fridge.
Many sourdough breads are sophisticated tales involving a guidelines with duties. It is a less complicated technique the place we bake the bread in a crockpot to assist it develop a thick crust and comfortable centre. It’s a model of the basic No-Knead Bread however with sourdough bread and the addition of rye flour to present it extra tang. The dough is extra moist than conventional bread doughs and desires longer proofing time so it develops its tangy sourdough taste.
We use 30/70 per cent rye/wheat ratio. We now have been experimenting with numerous ratios however discover that this is perfect for a bread that can rise effectively and nonetheless present numerous rye character.
We now have been utilizing the bread for lunch sandwiches and this mushroom sandwich is our very favourite in the meanwhile. It’s very quite simple, you simply fry mushrooms in a pan with a little bit of garlic, fold down kale and cooked lentils and add a bit vinegar to stability the flavors. We serve it with a herby vegan unfold between the bread and the topping that we make from Zeta BreOliv, capers and parsley. BreOliv is a spreadable olive oil that can be utilized as an alternative of butter. It’s constituted of simply olive oil, shea oil, water and salt.
This recipe is sponsored by Zeta and you could find the recipe in Swedish on their web site. And the English model under.
Sourdough Sandwich with Mushroom, Kale & Lentils
Makes four slices
BreOliv Herb Unfold
four tbsp Zeta BreOliv
1 tbsp capers
1 small bunch parsley
2 tbsp Olive Oil
300 g / 11 ounces (three cups) blended mushrooms
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
2 giant kale leaves, stalk discarded
1 cup / 100 g cooked lentils
salt & black pepper
four slices sourdough bread (see recipe under)
- Make the herb unfold by chopping capers and parsley and stirring it along with Zeta BreOliv In a bowl.
- Clear and divide the mushrooms into giant bits. Peel and crush the garlic.
- Warmth a big skillet with olive oil.
- Add mushroom and garlic and let sizzle for a couple of minutes. Then add white wine vinegar.
- Chop the kale and rinse the lentils and stir them into the pan. Let saute till the kale has softened.
- Smaka av med salt och peppar.
- Minimize a number of slices bread and add a layer of the herb unfold. Prime with the mushroom and kale combination and a grind of black pepper.
Makes 1 loaf
Earlier than we make this bread we feed the starter a number of hours forward so it’s alive and kicking.
100 ml (1/three cup) rye sourdough starter
400 ml (1 ½ cup) water
1 1 /2 tsp salt
330 g (2 1/three cups) natural all objective flour
170 g (1 ½ cup) natural rye flour
6-Eight inexperienced olives
- Stir collectively sourdough, water and salt in a big bowl, and the 2 flours in a separate bowl.
- Chop the olives coarsely.
- Fold the olives and the flour combination into the sourdough liquid and use a wood spoon to stir it right into a sticky dough. Sprinkle over extra flour if wanted. You may also dip your fingers in flour and use them if you happen to choose. The dough is prepared when it may be formed to a ball that’s easy on the skin and sticky on the within.
- Cowl the bowl with plastic and depart in room temperature for 12 hours (will be roughly relying on how heat your room is.
- It ought to have expanded at this level and be very sticky and bubbly. Fold it out on a floured desk. Sprinkle additional flour on prime and pull and fold the dough round itself a number of instances. It will likely be fairly sticky.
- Flour a proofing basket or bowl and switch the dough to it with the folds and ends going through upwards and the smoother (don’t fear if it’s not tremendous easy) going through down.
- Go away to proof for 2 extra hours.
- Set the oven to 250°C/500°F and place a Dutch oven with lid within the oven.
- Use oven mittens to take away the new Dutch oven. Sprinkle the underside with flour and punctiliously flip out the dough into it.
- Put the lid again on, place within the oven and let again for 30 minutes. Take away the lid, decrease the temp to 230°C/450°F and let bake for 20 extra minutes.
- The bread is prepared when it has a neice crust and a hole sound when tapped on.
- Let cool wrapped in a material earlier than you slice it and it’ll keep moister.
This submit is sponsored by Zeta. All phrases and opinions are our personal.
- Previous Vegan Lentil Bolognese With Chickpea Casarecce
- Next Roasted Pumpkin Polenta with Pinto Beans