Spelt Cornmeal Pancakes with Strawberry-Lavender Chia Jam
Submit sponsored by GE Home equipment. See beneath for extra particulars.
A while again, my son got here to me and requested pancakes with strawberries (very sternly). He helped me measure the batter and watched because the pancakes bubbled on the stovetop. It’s these moments that I really feel I’ll maintain onto (and most probably recount to him when he’s 20). I like spending time with him within the kitchen and pancakes have turn out to be a reoccurring theme in our kitchen.
These cornmeal pancakes are a riff on these unique pancakes I made with him. I like including cornmeal to the batter for taste and texture. I’ve additionally turn out to be a bit obsessive about making chia jam. It’s straightforward, fast, and makes for the right pancake topping (particularly when almond butter is concerned).
Better of all, I used to be capable of break within the new griddle prime on my new studio stovetop. I partnered with GE for the studio area and I’m in love with this vary. The duel-oven and six-burner stovetop provides me a lot room to prepare dinner (all in 30″). Scroll right down to see a bit extra about what I selected and why!
Make collectively or separate, these pancakes are the right weekend breakfast. Better of all, the strawberry jam is calmly sweetened- a toddler-breakfast plus!
2 cups cored and halved strawberries
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1/four teaspoon dried lavender
2 to three tablespoons chia seeds
half cup spelt flour
half cup tremendous to medium-ground cornmeal
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/four teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter, plus further for cooking
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 massive eggs
half cup to three/four cup entire milk
Nut butter, for serving
- In a small sauce pan, mix the strawberries with the lemon juice, maple syrup, and lavender. Warmth over medium-low warmth till the strawberries are gentle sufficient to mash, 10 to 15 minutes. Mash with the again of a fork or spoon then stir within the chia. For thicker jam, use three tablespoons.
- Cut back the warmth to low and prepare dinner for one more minute or so. Take away from warmth, switch to a jar, and let sit to chill. Because the jam cools, the combination will thicken.
- As soon as the jam is cooling, make the pancakes. In a small butter hotter or sauce pan, warmth butter and maple syrup collectively till butter has melted. Take away from warmth an let cool.
- Mix dry components in a bowl. Crack within the eggs, measure within the milk, and add the cooled butter/maple syrup combination. Stir till simply mixed. Put aside whereas heating the skillet.
- Warmth a skillet over medium warmth. When skillet is sizzling (when you flick water onto the skillet, it ought to sizzle), add roughly half tablespoon of butter. Take about ¼ cup of batter and pour onto skillet. Let prepare dinner for 1-2 minutes (till the pancakes begins to bubble barely. Flip and let prepare dinner for one more 1-2 minutes till pancake is cooked by.
- Repeat with remaining batter and serve with a drizzle or unfold of your favourite nut butter and a drizzle of the strawberry jam.
Jam: This taste mixture would additionally me superb with summer season berries. Strive blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, or a mixture of all!
Flour: Make these pancakes gluten-free by swapping the spelt for oat flour. You would possibly must play with the liquid quantity a bit however it could work.
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with GE Home equipment. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me hold this web site working to offer the vegetarian recipes you see each week.