Spicy Watermelon Margaritas Recipe – Love and Lemons
I’ve three actually nice explanation why you must make watermelon margaritas this weekend: 1. It’s summertime on a Saturday! 2. These are really easy and require no further sweetener apart from the watermelon so that they’re borderline wholesome(?) and three. You made the Spicy Tomato and Watermelon salad on Thursday and now you may have leftover watermelon hanging out in your fridge. Waste not need not!
Let’s get mixing…
First, mix the watermelon and the lime juice. The juice will hold within the fridge for many of the week, so be happy to do this step upfront.
Combine the watermelon-lime juice with spicy tequila and that’s it!
You may make the jalapeño tequila to be as spicy as you want. Infuse it for 15 minutes and it’ll be delicate. Infuse it for half of to at some point and it’ll be fairly spicy. Infuse it for three days and, properly, even that was too spicy for me and I’ve a fairly excessive spice tolerance. For those who over spice your tequila, simply dilute it to style with plain tequila.
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
- ½ cup tequila
- 1 small jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 5 cups minimize watermelon
- ½ cup lime juice, plus four sliced lime rounds for garnish
- Handfuls of ice
- Sea salt for glass rims, optionally available
- Mix the tequila and half of the jalapeño slices. Put aside for 15 to 30 minutes to infuse (the longer you infuse, the spicier it is going to be).
- In a blender, mix the watermelon with the lime juice and a handful of ice.
- Salt the rim of four glasses, if desired, and fill every with ice. Pour the watermelon lime juice into the glasses and stir 2 tablespoons of tequila into every glass. Garnish with the lime rounds.
For those who make this, allow us to see! Tag your picture with #loveandlemons on Instagram.