Strawberry Rhubarb Chia Overnight Oat Parfaits Recipe
Again once we lived in Austin, rhubarb season existed to me solely through Instagram. Rhubarb didn’t develop the place we lived, and I didn’t fairly perceive why there was a sudden explosion of rhubarb recipes everywhere in the web each spring… till now. After the longest winter ever, our farmers markets are open once more(!) and the primary forms of produce to seem have been asparagus, rhubarb, and… cheese. Sure – I feel cheese is taken into account a vegetable right here within the midwest.
Thus far, I’ve solely used rhubarb to make crisps, crumbles, and this strawberry rhubarb chia jam that has been scrumptious dolloped on breakfast meals like almond butter toast and these in a single day oat parfaits. Aside from that, I’m a complete rhubarb beginner. In case you have a novel rhubarb concept (perhaps even a savory recipe concept?) please inform me about it!
However first, this chia jam. It’s based mostly on the yummy blueberry chia jam that I made on the finish of final summer season. At first, I assumed the rhubarb is likely to be too tart or too agency to jam up in the identical means, nevertheless it’s completely tangy and deliciously candy and thick.
I’m again on an oat kick, so… in a single day oat parfaits! All of those elements might be made forward and shortly assembled within the morning. I wish to prime mine with just a little granola for crunch and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Once we took these pictures, I additionally occurred to have coconut cream within the fridge (leftover from this tart recipe) which was a enjoyable and fancy addition to those parfaits.
Strawberry Rhubarb Chia In a single day Oat Parfaits
- 1 cup complete rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- Pinch of salt
- Drizzle of maple syrup, elective for sweeter oats
- 2 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 cup chopped rhubarb (about 1 stalk, ends trimmed)
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Pinch of salt
- 1 ½ to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- Make the jam. In a small saucepan over medium warmth, simmer the strawberries, rhubarb, lemon juice, and salt for 10 minutes, stirring usually in order that the fruit does not burn to the underside of the pot. Take away from the warmth and stir within the maple syrup and chia seeds. Let cool to room temperature, 20 to 30 minutes (the rhubarb will proceed to melt). Switch to a jar and chill for at the least an hour.
- Make the oats. Divide the oats into 2 glass jars, pour within the almond milk, a pinch of salt, and maple syrup, if desired. Stir, cowl, and chill in a single day.
- Within the morning, assemble oat jars with a beneficiant scoop of the chia jam.
- If desired, serve with granola, (the crunch is a pleasant distinction to the gentle oats), maple syrup for further sweetness, and coconut cream in case you’re feeling like a decadent breakfast.