Vegan Broccoli White Pizza Recipe
It’s Friday – let’s make pizza!
I’m so loopy about this pizza as a result of it’s filled with a TON of greens, however not in a boring “I”m making an attempt to eat my greens” means. It tastes superb as a result of every one gives an fascinating texture or taste. The broccoli will get all roast-y toasty, the corn pops with sweetness, the solar dried tomatoes deliver that tangy umami-flavor, and the jalapeño brings some spice to this Friday pizza social gathering. The entire thing will get doused in a creamy/savory layer of cashew cream in lieu of any cheese or dairy. It’s pizza you’ll be able to be ok with! 🙂
Whereas this seems to be like a number of components, it really all comes collectively fairly shortly.
When you chop every part (even the stems of the broccoli!), toss every part collectively in bowl with olive oil, salt, and pepper till every part is nicely seasoned and nicely coated. When you do that, your companion may very well be stretching the pizza dough.
To make issues straightforward, I like to make use of Entire Meals’ Multigrain recent pizza dough – it may be discovered within the refrigerated space close to the pizza part of the shop. When you don’t see it, ask the folks on the pizza counter. I’ve additionally heard that Dealer Joe’s recent dough is scrumptious.
And only a aspect observe: I’ve been actually having fun with this hole-ey pizza pan recently – it will get the underside edges of the crust good and crisp.
Look what number of greens! I find it irresistible 🙂
Unfold only a skinny layer of cashew cream onto the stretched dough. You need simply sufficient in order that the greens have one thing to stay to, however you don’t need the center to change into too gooey.
The oozy cashew cream layer goes on on the very finish. You don’t need to bake cashew cream within the oven – it loses a number of its creaminess if you happen to do.
So as soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, drizzle the cashew cream very generously excessive. End with recent basil and a sprinkle of pink pepper flakes, if you happen to like.
Slice and devour!
Vegan Broccoli White Pizza
- 1 small head broccoli, florets chopped into small items, high of stalk diced (½ cup)
- ⅓ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- kernels from 1 ear recent corn
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped pink onion
- ½ jalapeño, thinly sliced
- four oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, diced
- extra-virgin olive oil, for drizzling and brushing
- 1 (16-ounce) ball of pre-made recent pizza dough
- ½ cup recent basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons recent thyme leaves
- pinches of pink pepper flakes
- sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- 1 cup cashews
- ½ cup water, extra as wanted
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons recent lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- In a medium bowl, mix the broccoli, tomatoes, corn, onion, jalapeño, and sun-dried tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil and pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and style. The greens needs to be well-seasoned and well-coated with the olive oil in order that the greens are flavorful all through the pizza.
- In the meantime, make the cashew cream. Place the cashews, water, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a high-speed blender and mix till creamy. Add extra water, if needed, to mix right into a easy consistency.
- Stretch the pizza dough onto a 14-inch pizza pan. Brush the dough flippantly with olive oil and spoon a number of scoops of cashew cream onto dough, simply sufficient to unfold it into a skinny layer. Distribute the greens onto the dough. Bake 15 minutes, or till the crust is golden, cooked via, and the broccoli is tender and roasted. Take away from the oven and drizzle generously with the cashew cream. High with the recent basil, recent thyme, and pinches of pink pepper flakes.
- Previous 15 Minute Easy Chicken Chow Mein Recipe
- Next Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes Recipe – Love and Lemons