Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins Recipe
In case you had been to ask me which meals most defines my childhood, I’d reply – with out hesitation – chocolate chip muffins. Throughout my total childhood, not solely did my mother make chocolate chip muffins no less than a couple of times every week for breakfast, however my grandmother would convey large containers stuffed with them every time she visited. Even after I went off to school, my mother truly mailed the muffins to me. Meaning till I moved in with Jack, just about daily was muffin day!
That’s why I’m truthfully shocked that 6 years into this weblog, I’ve but to share a chocolate chip muffin recipe! I assume I received too distracted by zucchini breads and pumpkin breads through the years.
So at the moment I’m right here to treatment the state of affairs! This banana-based model shouldn’t be the household recipe, however I find it irresistible anyway 🙂 Right here’s what’s in them:
These muffins are vegan(!) utilizing my go-to non-dairy Almond Breeze almondmilk. To vary issues up this time, I used their Almond Coconut Unsweetened Vanilla Mix. These muffins don’t have an excessively coconutty style, however the coconut mix provides good, refined sweetness. I prefer to get the shelf-stable selection and hold it on-hand in my pantry till a muffin craving hits.
In fact, if you happen to aren’t a fan of chocolate in your muffins, simply go away it out and also you’ll have scrumptious banana bread muffins. I believe they’d even be nice with blueberries rather than the chocolate, however don’t inform my youthful self I mentioned that.
Vegan Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- four tablespoons floor flaxseed + four tablespoons heat water*
- 1¾ cups whole-wheat pastry flour (or white/wheat combine)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅔ cup Almond Breeze Almond Coconut Unsweetened Vanilla Mix
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ⅓ cup olive oil or any impartial oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (about 2 bananas)
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and calmly grease or spray a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and heat water and put aside to thicken for five minutes.
- In a big bowl, mix the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond milk, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup, oil, and vanilla and stir to mix. Stir within the flaxseed combination.
- Add the moist substances to the bowl of dry substances and stir simply till mixed. Don’t overmix. Fold within the mashed banana and chocolate chips. Use a ⅓ cup measuring scoop to divide the batter within the muffin tin.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or till a toothpick comes out nearly clear. Let cool 15 minutes, then switch to a wire rack to proceed cooling.
*In case you’re not vegan, and you favor to bake with eggs, use 2 eggs as a substitute of the flaxseed and water combination.
This submit is in partnership with Almond Breeze. Thanks for supporting the sponsors that hold us cooking!