Vegan Meyer Lemon Chia Muffins Recipe
Comfortable New 12 months! I hope you all had a unbelievable celebration. Us? Nicely, we had a pleasant dinner after which slept by way of the brand new 12 months for (I feel) the second 12 months in a row. The factor is – I’ve develop into a morning individual. It wasn’t intentional – it simply occurred. On weekdays, I discover that I get my finest work carried out very first thing within the morning. On weekends and holidays, I wish to rise up, pour espresso, and bake one thing for breakfast. So listed below are some yummy Meyer lemon muffins that I’ve been baking currently!
This submit is in partnership with ALDI, as a result of I wished to let you know about some new thrilling wholesome/veggie-forward merchandise that they’ve like Meyer lemons(!), natural coconut sugar(!), and even vegan cream cheese, which I used to make a easy frosting for my muffins.
I really like Meyer lemons as a result of they’re juicier and sweeter than different lemons. They’re typically arduous to seek out however, conveniently, they’re at ALDI.
Did I point out that these muffins are vegan? There’s no want for an egg right here – they rise completely with out one. I used almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and olive oil in lieu of any dairy. I particularly love utilizing olive oil in lemon recipes as a result of lemon and olive oil simply go so nicely collectively. Coconut sugar makes these refined sugar free.
These muffins are made with some almond flour, which supplies them a nutty texture and taste. Professional tip: you don’t have to purchase almond flour, you’ll be able to simply mix slivered almonds in blender till it turns into a fantastic meal.
As an alternative of placing poppy seeds in my lemon muffins, I used chia seeds. You get that very same look and a tiny little bit of crunch, however chia seeds additionally add some additional dietary worth so I really like utilizing them right here. Plus, chia seeds are a extra frequent pantry staple for me, so I all the time have them readily available.
The frosting right here is mild and lemony – it’s made with vegan cream cheese, maple syrup, Meyer lemon juice and lemon zest. The muffins themselves have a lighter lemon taste, however the frosting and the zest on high makes them vibrant and tangy.
Like all muffins, these are finest on the day they’re made. They freeze nicely and the frosting might be saved within the fridge for just a few days (it’s finest to freeze them un-frosted).
Discover these elements and extra recent and inexpensive wholesome finds at ALDI.
Vegan Meyer Lemon Chia Muffins
- 1 cup Pleasant Farms AlmondMilk, Authentic
- 1 teaspoon Merely Nature Natural Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1¾ cups Baker’s Nook All Objective Flour
- ½ cup almond flour*
- 2½ teaspoons Baker’s Nook Baking Powder
- ¼ teaspoon Baker’s Nook Baking Soda
- ½ teaspoon Stonemill Sea Salt
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons Merely Nature Natural Coconut Sugar
- ⅓ cup Specifically Chosen Premium Additional-Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon zest
- three tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Stonemill Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon Merely Nature Chia Seeds, extra for garnish
- ½ cup Earth Grown Vegan Cream Cheese
- 2 tablespoons Meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Specifically Chosen Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon Meyer lemon zest, extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and evenly oil a 12-cup non-stick muffin tin.
- In a small bowl, mix the almond milk and apple cider vinegar. Put aside.
- In a big bowl, whisk collectively the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the sugar, olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Stir within the almond milk combination. Mix the moist elements with the dry elements and blend till simply mixed. Fold within the chia seeds and use a ⅓-cup measuring cup to scoop the batter into the muffin tins. Bake for 16 to 17 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted within the center comes out clear. Let cool for 10 minutes within the pan, then switch to a wire rack to complete cooling.
- Make the glaze. Utilizing a hand mixer or a meals processor, combine the cream cheese, lemon juice, maple syrup, and lemon zest till easy. Dollop onto the cooled muffins and garnish with chia seeds and lemon zest.
*Make your personal almond flour by mixing slivered almonds in a blender till they develop into a fantastic meal.
- Previous Championship Award Winning Texas Style Cook Off Chili Recipe
- Next Cute Lunchbox Notes + a Sweet, Healthy Treat!