Vegan Pumpkin French Toast Recipe
It’s Halloween week! That signifies that it’s the official(?) closing week for every thing pumpkin to seem on the blogosphere. I do know, it’s unhappy, however to not fear – I’ve some majorly scrumptious Thanksgiving recipes within the works. However earlier than we get there, right here’s my final pumpkin hurrah for the yr, and it’s a superb one!
I feel you’ll love this french toast whether or not you’re vegan or whether or not you simply occurred to have run out of eggs. The pumpkin puree acts because the custardy base so completely. I like this model much more than my authentic vegan french toast, which continues to be one of the standard recipes on our web site.
That is made with only a handful of components, see above. An important one is the bread. Your french toast will solely be pretty much as good as your bread, so seize a pleasant sourdough or ciabatta loaf and slice it into thick slabs. Day-old bread is most popular, simply keep away from thinly sliced sandwich bread.
When you’ve blended the batter collectively, pour it over your slabs of bread. Then use your arms to slather it throughout (that step just isn’t pictured as a result of it was not so photogenic).
Prepare dinner it up in a skillet, then serve your french toast with a lot of maple syrup and no matter toppings you want!
Along with your further pumpkin puree, you may make Vegan Pumpkin Snack Cake, Pumpkin Pancakes, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Bread, or Pumpkin Waffles.
Vegan Pumpkin French Toast
- eight slices day-old ciabatta or sourdough bread, sliced ¾-inch thick
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup, plus extra for serving
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil, for brushing
- Optionally available toppings: toasted almonds, pecans, diced apple, powdered sugar
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the almond milk, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Place the bread slices on a big platter or tray and drizzle with the pumpkin combination. Use your arms to unfold the combination, coating all sides of the bread.
- Warmth a non-stick skillet to medium warmth and brush with coconut oil. Add the bread slices and prepare dinner till golden brown, about 2 minutes per facet. Cut back the warmth to low as wanted to prepare dinner completely with out burning. Serve with maple syrup and desired toppings.