Vegan Pumpkin Snack Cake Recipe
I’m not likely a dessert particular person. Who I’m is somebody who rummages by means of the freezer or the pantry round 3pm, with espresso in hand, in search of one thing candy as a result of I typically take pleasure in just a little sugar rush within the afternoon. Enter: snack cake. Snack cake is just a little indulgence that’s alright to take pleasure in at any time of the day, as a result of it’s only a “snack” in spite of everything.
This recipe relies on my Vegan Pumpkin Bread that I make each fall. The feel of this cake is moist, much like that pumpkin bread. And whereas these cake squares resemble the dimensions and form of a blondie, they’re not dense or fudgy… they’re simply little cake squares that occur to not be tall.
Beneath, you’ll discover that I listing 2 choices for the frosting. The second possibility is a really scrumptious cashew-maple frosting with a tangy contact of apple cider vinegar. It’s yummy on this fall cake, nonetheless, it’s just a little thinner (like a thick glaze) and the colour is a not-as-photogenic gentle brown.
The primary possibility (pictured right here) is a extra conventional cream cheese frosting, utilizing vegan cream cheese, vegan butter, and powdered sugar. The cashew model is a tad more healthy, the cream cheese is extra indulgent – so the selection is yours!
I like chocolate and pumpkin collectively, so I topped my cake with chocolate chips. Some chopped pecans can be a scrumptious seasonal topping as effectively.
Joyful snacking! I’m off to complete the final sq. that’s nonetheless in my fridge 🙂
Pumpkin Snack Cake
- ¼ cup floor flaxseed
- ¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons heat water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- vegan chocolate chips, optionally available for sprinkling
- four ounces vegan cream cheese (I used Kite Hill plain)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1½ tablespoons vegan butter, barely softened
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup uncooked cashews
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- three tablespoons almond milk, extra as wanted
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon contemporary lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and calmly grease an 8×8-inch baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the flaxseed and the water and put aside for five minutes to thicken.
- In a big bowl, mix the all-purpose flour, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk collectively the pumpkin, coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and the flaxseed combination.
- Pour the moist substances into the bowl of dry substances and stir till simply mixed. Pour into the baking dish and bake for 20 to 23 minutes or till a toothpick comes out clear. Let the cake cool utterly earlier than frosting or slicing.
- Frosting Possibility 1: For the cream cheese frosting: In a big bowl beat the cream cheese and softened butter with an electrical mixer till clean. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar, and blend till clean.
- Frosting Possibility 2: For the maple cashew frosting: In a high-speed blender, mix the cashews, maple syrup, almond milk, coconut oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, vanilla, and sea salt. Mix till utterly clean. If vital for mixing, add extra almond milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, including as little as doable in order that your frosting won’t be too skinny. Chill till prepared to make use of.
The cashew frosting (possibility 2, not pictured) whereas very scrumptious, won’t look as white and fluffy in your cake. The consistency is bit thinner, extra like a thick glaze.
- Previous The Strong Black Superwoman Syndrome w/ Dr. Loneke Blackman Carr
- Next Vegan Aubergine Polpette – Three Ways