Vegetarian & Vegan Grilling Recipes
Once I first turned vegetarian, grilling holidays have been the toughest. Again then, packaged veggie burgers tasted like cardboard and the one answer I had was: please, please cross the ketchup… and the pickles, and the mustard, and something and all the things else that I might load onto my tasteless “burger.”
Whereas packaged veggie burgers have come SUCH a good distance and there are numerous nice choices on the market, this group of recipes is all about celebrating the almighty (and easy) charred vegetable.
Portobello Sliders with Pepita Pesto (pictured above)
This recipe is listed on the backside of this submit and it’s additionally in our Cookbook. I find it irresistible as a result of it’s fast to make and the mushroom marinade – a mix of balsamic vinegar and tamari – brings such an exquisite salty/tangy taste to the grilled mushrooms. Plus, it makes me so blissful to slather these little guys with creamy pepita pesto as a substitute of ketchup 🙂
Grilled Potato Salad with Grilled Scallion French dressing
Each good BBQ wants a potato salad, however that doesn’t imply that our potatoes must be stuffed with mayonnaise. Do this grilled potato salad with grilled scallion French dressing and grilled blueberries. You’ll need to make it in your mates all summer time lengthy.
Grilled Avocados Full of Veggie Ceviche
I posted this one just a few weeks in the past and so lots of you might have liked it! This was my first time grilling avocados. At first, I wasn’t positive if I’d love cooked avocado, however the char actually brings out the creaminess of the avocado and the cool, tangy filling balances it completely.
Portobello Tacos w/ Vegan Jalapeño Sauce
I’m positive you’ve seen by now that Jack and I really like mushrooms. I believe mushrooms typically get a foul rep as a result of they’re usually not ready effectively. These mushrooms additionally get coated within the go-to marinade that I discussed above. The strips then get stuffed into tortillas with creamy (vegan) cashew jalapeño sauce. That is by far certainly one of my favourite methods to eat mushrooms.
Grilled Asparagus Lemon-Thyme Farro Salad
Asparagus is at peak season proper now, so head to your farmers market and seize some! Make this salad as a facet dish in your gathering and save the leftovers for lunch!
Chile Lime Grilled Corn on the Cob
I really like corn so some ways and this is likely one of the easiest. 1. Make a fast sauce with avocado oil mayo, cilantro, lime, serrano pepper, and different seasonings. 2. Slather on grilled corn. (Use vegan mayo should you’re vegan).
Corn & Inexperienced Bean Tomatillo Tacos
Should you love corn, however don’t love consuming it straight off the cob, this taco recipe is for you. Grilled corn, grilled inexperienced beans, and grilled tomatillo salsa are stuffed into (you guessed it!) grilled tortillas. We’d by no means cook dinner on the precise indoor range once more.
Grilled Ratatouille Tartines
This can be a fast cheater’s model of ratatouille however the flavors are all nonetheless right here because of a pop of vinegar and a shake of herbes de Provence. A enjoyable spin on tomato toast.
Combine & Match Veggie Quesadillas
If in case you have choosy eaters otherwise you don’t know what to make for visitors, make combine and match quesadillas! Everybody can assemble their very own, grill, and eat.
Lemony Grilled Eggplant & Zucchini Orzo
Cookouts apart, should you want a scrumptious, easy, summer time dinner tonight – make this! This meal is a daily for me – grilled zucchini and eggplant are tossed with smooth feta cheese and a lemony, herby orzo with just a few breadcrumbs for crunch. I’m drooling simply enthusiastic about this one!
Vegetarian & Vegan Grilling Recipes
- ½ cup pepitas
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 cups cilantro
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon floor cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, extra to style
- drizzle of honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly floor black pepper
- eight small portobello mushrooms
- Further-virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Tamari, for drizzling
- eight slider buns, toasted
- 1 tomato, sliced
- ½ cup microgreens or lettuce of your alternative
- Sea salt and freshly floor black pepper
- Make the pesto by combining the pepitas, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, cumin, salt, honey (or maple) in a meals processor. Pulse till mixed. Drizzle within the olive oil and pulse till easy. For a smoother pesto, you could possibly add extra olive oil, however I want a thicker consistency for these sliders.
- Warmth a grill or grill pan over medium warmth.
- Put together the mushrooms by eradicating the stems and cleansing the caps with a humid fabric or paper towel. Place the mushrooms in a rimmed plate and drizzle with olive oil, balsamic vinegar, tamari, and pepper. Use your fingers to assist coat the mushrooms on each side.
- Place the mushrooms, gill facet down onto the grill pan. Cook dinner about 10 minutes per facet, or till mushrooms are tender.
- Place the mushrooms on the toasted buns and prime every with a tomato slice, microgreens, and a beneficiant slather of Pepita Pesto.