Warm Black Lentil Salad with Almonds, Apricots, and Celeriac
Some culinary oils are derived from grains and seeds. Past sesame seeds, potentialities embrace pungent mustard seed oil, usually utilized in Indian cooking, and vivid yellow camelina oil, which tastes just like earthy flax or hemp seed oil. They could be used alone or mixed with different oils. Chilly-pressed important oils, corresponding to from lemons and oranges, can be utilized for flavoring.
Apricot kernel oil is a compelling new introduction. Sometimes pale yellow in shade, the oil has a memorable taste harking back to almonds however seemingly bolder. Tossed over heat black lentils with celeriac, apricots, and almonds, it’s an unique but approachable dish which may be savored alone or as a associate to grilled poultry or fish.
See different associated recipes in Ready Meals Focus: Specialty Oil Infusions
Yield: 6 (5-ounce) parts
Preparation Time: About 40 minutes
Shelf Life: Finest heat or in 1 day
eight ounces black lentils
2 bay leaves
four small sprigs contemporary thyme
three ounces peeled celeriac reduce in ½-inch cube
Juice of 1 to 2 lemons
2 ounces slivered almonds, frivolously toasted
three ounces dried apricots reduce in 1/2-inch cube
1.5 ounces apple cider vinegar
four ounces almond kernel oil (or reduce with 25% impartial oil)
2 ounces chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Fill a medium pot with 24 ounces of water and add lentils, bay leaves, thyme, and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Cowl and simmer till the lentils are al dente, about 25 minutes.
- In the meantime, boil the celeriac in water with a little bit lemon juice and salt till al dente, three to four minutes. Drain and put aside.
- Saute the almonds in a small skillet till frivolously browned. Take away and put aside.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of lemon juice with the apple cider vinegar and the almond kernel oil.
- As soon as the lentils are cooked, drain them effectively, discard the bay leaves and thyme stems, and switch instantly to a big bowl. Pour on the French dressing, add the celeriac, almonds, and apricots and toss effectively. Add the parsley, season with salt and pepper to style, and serve.