Weekend Dutch Baby with Cinnamon Apples
Submit sponsored by Bob’s Pink Mill. See under for extra particulars.
Normally in the direction of the top of summer time, I really feel like I’m falling out of affection with cooking. I fear that the sensation will final. And but, inevitably, with the return of the cooler comes the pull to be again within the kitchen. I’m known as to bake scones and fast breads. Warming dinners substitute the straightforward summer time favorites. And residential-cooked brunches develop into extra frequent.
This oven pancake feels a bit magical to me (which could even be why I find yourself making these extra within the fall). It’s so minimal on substances however, with the assistance of a sizzling oven, puffs fantastically. Add seasonal fruit to the highest and it’s a gorgeous and scrumptious presentation
One fast be aware. I usually push for a larger proportion of complete wheat flour (someplace round 100%) however I’ve by no means been capable of create the proper puff with wheat-flour solely. This is without doubt one of the handful of causes I maintain Bob’s Pink Mill all-purpose flour readily available. In fact, you would simply use 100% wheat flour- see the notes within the recipe!
Step by Step
weekend dutch child
Flours (gluten-free): For those who’re gluten-free and nonetheless need to make this, Alanna has a great recipe in her e-book (that I shared right here).
Toppings: Go along with what’s in season. This dutch child is an all-season type of meal. It really works effectively with every little thing from recent berries to lemon curd to the nice and cozy apples/pears.
Decadent: Serve this meal with a little bit of freshly whipped cream. Or if you happen to’re actually feeling like a wealthy breakfast (or dessert), use ice cream.
- 2 giant eggs
- 1/2 cup complete milk
- 1/four cup white complete wheat flour (see be aware)
- 1/four cup + 2 tablespoons all function flour
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/eight teaspoon salt
- Zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 giant apple
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400˚F.
- Mix eggs, milk, flours, maple syrup, lemon zest, and salt in a blender. Pulse till mixed. Alternatively, whip with a whisk in a bowl till the batter is easy.
- On the range prime, soften 1 tablespoon butter in a eight″ forged iron (effectively seasoned) skillet. Swirl round to cowl the pan as soon as melted. Flip off the warmth, add the batter to the pan, and switch the pan to the recent oven. Bake, with out opening the oven door, in oven till golden brown and puffed, 20-25 minutes.
- Slice apples in to 1/four″ thick slices. Place in a pot/pant with maple syrup, butter, and cinnamon. Warmth oven medium-low warmth till apple are beginning to soften, eight to 10 minutes.
- Take away dutch child from oven and prime with apples. Serve with butter and further maple syrup if desired.
Suggestions + Tips: You might simply use 100% complete wheat flour with the dutch child. I’d suggest utilizing the white wheat or switching to a pastry (gentle) wheat flour.
Burn up leftover substances: cinnamon, apples, butter
Disclosure: This recipe was created in partnership with Bob’s Pink Mill. All ideas and opinions are my very own. It’s content material like this that helps me maintain this web site operating to supply the vegetarian recipes you see each week.